I downloaded a .gblorb gme that sounded interesting. I have tried it on Gargoyle and Lectrote, without being able to play it in either. So what are good options?
* I have a strobe sensitivity, so I need to avoid blinking cursors. I have trouble seeing around these cursors, and get migraines from extended exposure to these cursors. Or from brief exposure to strobes, turn signals, etc. I can disable the blinking cursors in Firefox, which has its own blink settings, and in NSText apps, but not in Webkit apps unless they have their own blink settings. I figure interactive fictions *should* be more accessible than most other games...
* I know Inform is for writing interactive fiction, I don't know if it is good for playing interactive fiction too.
* I tried the standard Mac version of Gargoyle, and couldn't type anything into it.
* I tried the Sierra Mac version of Gargoyle, discussed here, viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20632
and could type through the initial settings dialogue, but couldn't get to the game. I only got a blank window.
* I tried the standard Mac version of Lectrote, but couldn't to the initial settings dialogue, to to a "Quixe init: glk_put_jstring: invalid stream" error. Also, the debugger has a flashing cursor and the help implies the regular screen would normally have a flashing cursor.
* I will need to tweak some settings, for font size, scrollbars, and in webkit apps, blink rate. So I will need to know where they store their settings.