First Paradise

[center][/center]

Whilst coasting along the silver skirt of a star system aboard the survey ship - Luz y Lluvia - you and your crew discover something extraordinary. This discovery serves as a catalyst for the brimming emotional turmoil to follow shortly thereafter. The ship’s crew succumbs to bouts of depression and home-sickness, eventually they begin to deconstruct the value of artificial intelligence and their relationship with machines.

[center][/center]

[center][/center]

First Paradise takes place hundreds of years from today, across universes; it’s story told between distant planets by distant people. All seen through an ascii/unicode interface and volumes of interactive-text sequences. Trapped in-between their goal and the many worlds that represent home; this is the story of a post-human’s spiral towards catatonia in the vast emptiness of interstellar space.

First Paradise on IndieDB

Hey, this looks neat. Is it really only for Linux/Android, or did I read that wrong?

Much appreciated, you read it right! However both a Windows and Mac version are definitely a possibility. I’m already looking into the formatting.

Looks interesting! Looking forward to trying it on Windows…

We’ve released a Windows build. It’s pretty lacking right now, at best we’re hoping people submit a few bug reports. The way this build works vary based on the machine you’re using. Colors are a bit wacky, functions are glitchy and the lower UI is missing but it’s manageable enough for a play through. You can pick it up on our website.

First Paradise v3.3 for Windows is up on the website today with no day limit short of the expansion free ending(s). The fixes in this version include:

[+] Lower display visible
[+] Alternate exit (x) key binding set for the “controls” menu.

Unfortunately the colors are still wacky though, I’m still digging through the API source to resolve that. Also, we’re accepting character submissions for First Paradise: Nights. For those interested, to begin you create a character using an outline (below) and submit it to stories[at]gnovahex[dot]net where we’ll review it. If he/she fits the context we’ll respond to gather further information and work with you on stats, symbols and placement which once complete would effectively make your character a part of the main storyline.

Right now we’re working with our artists on creating short graphic novels to tie in with each expansion (since you know, it’s all ascii). Notably though, these will only feature the game’s main “cast” where a user submitted character might make cameo style appearances if permitted to do so by the original author. That’s about it, enjoy.

FAQ:
“Why can’t I find coins for the vending machine?”

• That’s because we hid them.

“Why can’t I progress past Day 10?”

• Try getting some rest.

Character Submission Sheet:

Name:

Origin: (tell us about yourself, keep it short but not sweet)

[center][/center]

we are still in the process of developing our next big patch which includes a multi-user component. The above screenshot was taken directly from the MUD expansion. Ideally, players will be able to interact by picking up jobs provided by a variety of sources. The Employment tag here simply states that my character is currently contracted to Westhause Corporation. My S/N (serial number) is simply my first and last initial followed by my server mark, so if I was the third person (ever) to create an account I would be CL-3, this will help us track bots, spammers and duplicate accounts. Character S/N’s are permanent upon signup. Another primary function of S/N’s is to search a database for friends and send crew invites etc. Of course, nicknames can also be used for these purposes and they help players easily identify each other during chat sessions.

My Status here indicates that I am on-site, this refers to my character being present aboard the Orbital Station which serves as a rendezvous point for ships/crews before or after deployments. Your Replica number effects your ability to find work, this essentially serves as a death counter or times-deceased. Finally, a player’s model number refers to his/her body type, for the sake of a windy post I’ll refrain from going into more detail about this now. However feel free to follow us on Twitter for updates and news. The current version is also available for Windows(v3.3) and Linux(v3.8 ) here.

First Paradise on IndieDB

[center][/center]

[center]View in full size[/center]

This is a gen I let run through without being fully functional. This should give you an idea of what we’re going for in the next release with our non-linear game play. The schematic window will fill in with a diagram of the ship as it is being generated.

gvxcomp.itch.io/first-paradise

Client updated.

Windows v4.1(stable) changelog

[=] Resolve odd color_pair bug with windows build.

[+] Update support pages.

[+] Added a text queue to “Continue” during day progression.

Download