Little Falls available on Android

I’m proud to announce that Little Falls is available for Android platforms.
Have fun! :slight_smile:
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … alls&hl=it

Regards,
Rob

Yay! It’s an Android game. Boo! You scared me with that link (Io non parlo italiano.) I have downloaded it to my phone and have some fun.

This link should switch to your default language:
play.google.com/store/apps/detai … ittlefalls

Tip for MOST google sites:

The bit of the URL that contains &hl=XX will contain your language code. Getting rid of it should make google default to your browser preference. Changing the code should force the langauge you want…
e.g.
Forcing en for english:
play.google.com/store/apps/detai … alls&hl=en

interesting tips…

without forcing to English, I still get Italian when connecting with only play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ittlefalls (I’m French, maybe Google considers it’s the same :laughing: )

Neat bundle and presentation…

Nice!

It seems that you’ve managed to turn your Glulx work into a standalone Android app! Is that right? In any case, It would be interesting to have some insight into the process you followed to make it, if you don’t mind to share :slight_smile:

Sadly, while it’s supossed to work on any 3.x Android version, it will crash on my 3.2 Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet right after the first warning ^_^’ I have a pending firmware update, so I’ll let you know if that changes anything.

Ok, let’s introduce again the game, Rob probably has been too brief… :slight_smile:

Little Falls, an interactive thriller for Android

An anonymous call to 911 from a secluded cottage in the countryside of Minnesota, where a ferocious serial killer seems to be hiding. An agent is sent to check the distress call, but he’ll have to fight to save his life.
So begins Little Falls, the interactive fiction game by Alessandro Schillaci and Roberto Grassi dedicated to the daring exploits of the agent Gene Brown. A man tormented by a thousand anxieties and guilt, Brown is looking for redemption after having accidentally killed a child in a previous rescue attempt. He is also haunted by the suspicion that his wife is betraying him, making it hard to concentrate on the job and successfully enforce the law.

Originally published in 2005 by the label software Mondi Confinanti, in a multi-platform format that, through the installation of free interpreters , allows play on all operating systems, Little Falls is now coming back in circulation as an App for Google Android in a newer version, with an interface more suitable for use on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
As the agent Gene Brown, the player will have to investigate the call to find out what really lurks inside the house, in a story with a syncopated rhythm that does not give you a moment’s respite, until it reaches one of seven possible conclusions. Only one of the endings will ensure that the guilty are brought to justice, that Gene survives and the law prevails.

Little Falls is free and localized in English and Italian and it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.silverslade.intfiction.littlefalls&hl=en or from the official website http://slade.altervista.org , where a version suitable for desktop devices like home or office PC’s is available with additional graphics, sound and original soundtrack.

Can you guide Gene past his anxieties, suspicions, guilt and fears to ensure that the guilty are brought to justice, that Gene survives and the law prevails?

Long live and prosper
silverslade
slade.altervista.org

OK! Upgrading the firmware made my Android version jump from 3.2 to 4.0, and now Little Falls works seamlessly! As far as I can see, you’ve managed to bundle both (english and italian) text-only z5 versions of the game with a Z-machine interpreter so players just have to download and play. Nice job! :sunglasses: