Beta-testers needed for “Saints of Horses” [Twine game]

Alright, as I mentioned in my introduction, I got my eyes on IFcomp2016, as I’ve already been working on a game that’s pretty close to completion. It’s in its fourth draft and it’s already gone through beta-reading once (i.e. I asked my friend to play it.)

If you have played my previous game, you know roughly what to expect: talking Horses in a dark Oceanic setting inspired by the likes of China Mieville and Jeff Vandermeer (as well as the games of Failbetter Games). This time around, I’m aiming for a more traditional CYOA structure and a larger scope.

The full title is “The Saints of Horses: Quest for the Traitor Saint” and in it are exploring an island in a rather peculiar anthropomorphic universe. Because of the extensive world-building and oddball theme, I could really use a fresh pair of eyes to check if it is comprehensible and enjoyable even if you don’t know the setting inside and out like I as the creator do.

Just so you know roughly what I’m trying to accomplish, my three main goals are:

1. Immerse people in an interesting world.

2. Explore a theme of perception as an additional dimension. That is, the idea that you can be in the same physical place and yet experience the world differently to the point where you might as well be on different planes.

3. Make a story that can stand on its own. I come from a fanfiction background and while I’m resigned to the fact that people can tell what my obsessions are based on my choice of subject matter (there are only so many talking equine-stories in the world and my writing isn’t quite lyrical enough to take on Peter Beagle), I want it to be its own universe with its own tone.

Proofreading is always appreciated, but I’m okay with more big-picture, story-focused feedback as well. In return, I could provide people with cover art, should they want it. I’m half-decent at cartoony art and could prolly make something that’s not outright embarrassing.

PM me if you’re interested and we can sort out contact details. I’d prefer skype, but Telegram, Email and PMs all work for me.

"If cattle and horses, or lions, had hands, or were able to draw with their feet and produce the works which men do, horses would draw the forms of gods like horses, and cattle like cattle, and they would make the gods’ bodies the same shape as their own." – Xenophanes