Interactive Fiction at the Sculpture Center

Hi everyone,

I wanted to extend an invite to anyone in the NYC-area to come to the Sculpture Center in Long Island City and check out an artwork that I did (in collaboration with Keith Connolly and Tom Thayer) using Inform7:

http://sculpture-center.org/exhibitionsExhibition.htm?id=86992

The artwork is called “The Spaniard + the Hudson Eel.” It’s part of the Sculpture Center’s “In-Practice” show that runs January 15 - March 19. There’s an opening reception on Sunday, January 15, 2012, 5:00-7:00 PM.

The folks on this forum were very helpful in helping figure out various coding conundrums, so thank you for helping us get the project done (well, I’m still working on it, but the end is within sight).

I’m not sure what interactive fiction players/authors will think of it since it isn’t particularly impressive as a game or as interactive fiction–but hopefully it will be satisfying in terms of being an artwork. In any case, I’d love to hear what folks think of it and, if you make it to the opening, be sure to introduce yourself!

Congrats, Ethan. Sounds very cool! I’ll miss the show unfortunately, but after you open and have some time, I’d love to hear more about the piece.

Thanks! I’ll chat with my collaborators and see if we can post any of it online–if not, I’ll at least try to write up a description of it after the opening.

• Ethan