Nominate the best review

Unofficial Best Review of an IF Comp 2016 Game Competition

Nomination phase:
You can nominate reviews for the voting phase. No more than three reviews per reviewer in total (the ones with the most nominations). Have you read a good review? If you write ifcomp reviews, which is your best?
You may update your nomination if you change your mind.

To nominate a review, post a comment to this thread. State the reviewer and the game:
Sobol reviews Toiletworld.

You can quote the review briefly:
“I guess I can predict which game will be at the last place.”

If the review is hosted on another website (not a review thread in the forum), include an URL for the review. (Just copy the URL, the forum will make it into a link automatically).
“I guess I can predict which game will be at the last place.”
viewtopic.php?f=23&p=113865#p113862

Voting phase:
On November 7th, the nomination phase closes and the voting phase opens. The top ?10 reviews with most nominations will be listed in a poll. If two reviews tie for nominations, reviews will be ordered by nomination (first-nominated first).

UPDATE: Nominating multiple reviews is allowed. No more than three reviews by each reviewer will be included in the voting phase.

Billy Mays reviews Ash.

perhapsdessert reviews Fallen 落葉 Leaves.

https://intfiction.org/t/perhaps-reviews/10560/1

Emily Short reviews Take.

emshort.wordpress.com/2016/10/2 … pics-take/

Steph C reviews Toiletworld.

ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=jax8qp … view=38333

The Breakfast Review of Cactus Blue Motel.

ricordius.com/others/ifcomp16/index.html

Can we make multiple nominations? Seems like there are few enough total nominations anyway. If so, here’s my second:

Emily Short’s “Me Who Done The Walkin’”, reviewing five games in the comp dealing with similar themes.
emshort.wordpress.com/2016/10/2 … he-walkin/

Hi Doug, thanks for voting (again)! As they say in the U. S. A., vote early vote often!

If no previous voters object, I will allow everyone to make multiple nominations (only the first 3 reviews by a single reviewer will be accepted - don’t just dump everything!). It would be nice to see a review for every IF Comp game. There are still five days (until November 7th) to make your nomination(s).

I’m with Billy on this one, but I was actually more stirred by Emily’s later piece on Take on her blog:
https://emshort.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/games-on-hard-topics-take/

Just brilliant.

Even though I am probably going to cast my vote for Emily Short, I believe the OP wanted this stage of the process to just be picking different entries. So I am going to change my nomination to

1. lglasser Twitch reviews The Shoe Dept. twitch.tv/lglasser/v/92851893

I have to be honest, between all of the games and everything else, I only watched about 3 minutes of it, and I haven’t seen any of the others, although I will probably once all of the comps are over, it was good, I just haven’t had the time to watch them. I am nominating this because I believe expanding IF to different social media platforms is a very beneficial thing and it should be recognized.

1. zarf Parser vs choice entries – the tally. You can add this one to the voting or not, its not a specific game review but data is always useful, and I wanted it to be recognized.

Thank you.

Owlor reviews Manlandia
ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=3yz437 … view=38659

One day to go! You can still make nominations or change your existing nominations until tomorrow.

Provisional nominations:
Billy Mays reviews Ash.
https://intfiction.org/t/billy-mays-reviews-the-ifcomp-2016/10491/1

perhapsdessert reviews Fallen 落葉 Leaves.
https://intfiction.org/t/perhaps-reviews/10560/1

Emily Short reviews Take.
emshort.wordpress.com/2016/10/2 … pics-take/

Steph C reviews Toiletworld.
ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=jax8qp … view=38333

The Breakfast Review of Cactus Blue Motel.

Emily Short’s “Me Who Done The Walkin’”.
emshort.wordpress.com/2016/10/2 … he-walkin/

The Breakfast Review of Ventilator. [nominated via private message]

Jenni Polodna’s review of Toiletworld.
pissylittlesausages.wordpress.c … iletworld/

Owlor reviews Manlandia
ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=3yz437 … view=38659

UPDATE: Thanks for voting catacalypto.

Gotta throw in for Jenni Polodna’s review of Toiletworld.

pissylittlesausages.wordpress.c … iletworld/