intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 pm 

Hi, I'm the player who sent you a mail about 'negative kills' bug.

I found the game interesting but I didn't get farther than winning one match, I would have liked the base mechanics such as invading, expanding, evolving...to be less oscure.

Any chance you could explain some of that?
Or are these rules in the ingame manual already but somehow I managed to miss them?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:07 pm 

@Matt that was cat's (catacalypto on the forums) idea! it's worked out quite well, and every other day or so it spits out something horrifying and delightful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 pm 

heh. based on the interest in the UI, I made a thing. I've done a blog post about it. I'll do a longer post in the Add-ons board in a short while:
http://www.interactivefables.com/blog/d ... rser-games

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:32 pm 

furkle wrote:
matt, please feel free to drop by the euphoria channel or message me on twitter (@furkle_) if you want to talk about integrating web stuff into parser. i can't make any huge promises, and it certainly won't work as well as if zarf wrote a glulx opcode for you, but i'm sure we can figure something out.

Are there any other stories people can point me to that use the furkle framework with inline _*CFICODE ? I"m trying to see if I can adapt some of the basics like image loading and web page launch into Thunderword on Android. Probably the big thing I see is the container, as we are gong outside blorb files for images and such and I'm seeing more and more ".zip" file are being used to bundle assets outside the direct Glk pathways. I am seeing the need to consider a new kind of file system extension, like .ifzip that can be identified as an IF zip file - and some basic manifest or standard structure.