Very short simple interactive fictions needed!

I’m working on a project which focuses on the effect of interactive fictions on the second language learning. All I need is some very short simple interesting fiction games based on particular word lists . Can anyone do this for me or at least suggest a person who can?
All responses to this forum as well as emails to elaheh.rafat@gmail.com are highly appreciated.

About 10 words or more (of your choice) out of 550 words should be used in each game and these words are supposed to be repeated throughout each game (about 7-8 times each word) as I am working on my students incidental vocabulary learning. I don’t want the games to be complicated or anything. I just want them to be fun and easy, a simple story which involves the readers without any difficult problem-solving (different genres). The players will be 18-20 year old non-native learners of English.

The word list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ujcxOxqNE7l2yaHNnhrbMx1NeRBRSJMEGjkEgMXWvtg/edit?hl=en_US
My deadline for having games: about 9th of February!

P.S. I won’t mind paying for a few good quality games ( I don’t have a large amount of budget though). :slight_smile:

Could be fun depending on the time-frame. What kind of word lists? (and what kind of time-frame?)

Could be fun depending on the time-frame. What kind of word lists? (and what kind of time-frame?)
[/quote]
Paul Nation’s second 1000 words of the General Service List should be used in the games and I want them in less than 2 months. If you are interested please leave your email and we’ll talk about the details.

Thanks

When you say based on a word list, do you mean a game that includes all the words on the list, or a game that uses nothing but the words on the list, or something else?

I might be interested, although it would help to have some information about the audience (children? high schoolers? adults?) and what sort of content you would or wouldn’t want.

That’s a specific list, but otherwise a very vague thing to say.

Here’s just fine.

About 10 words or more (your choice) out of 1000 words (which I’ll give you) should be used in each game and these words are supposed to be repeated throughout each game (about 7-8 times each word) as I am working on my students incidental vocabulary learning. I don’t want the games to be complicated or anything. I just want them to be fun and easy (different genres). The players will be 18-20 year old non-native learners of English.

About 10 words or more (your choice) out of 1000 words (which I’ll give you) should be used in each game and these words are supposed to be repeated throughout each game (about 7-8 times each word) as I am working on my students incidental vocabulary learning. I don’t want the games to be complicated or anything. I just want them to be fun and easy (different genres). The players will be 18-20 year old non-native learners of English.

Oh, that does sound fun, actually. I’ve also got some training and experience as an ESL coach, so I’m sure I could dust off that part of my brain as well. Hmmmm …

Say yes, Say yes :smiley:

Well, I’ll say an enthused maybe :slight_smile: I’m neck-deep in production work on one of my books right now and the holidays are on, etc, but once that clears off I’ll be anxious for a little break from it all, and this sounds like a good excuse to write something small, simple and engaging.

So when are you going to let me know? Cause this research is for the academic purpose and I have time limitations.

I thought you said two months?

Yeah about 2 months!

Well, I’ll let you know in five weeks or less :slight_smile: And hopefully a few other folks will want to pitch in as well.

That’s awesome!!! I’m looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot ! :slight_smile:

I’ll make one too, if you like (what’s Christmas break for, anyway?). Hook me up with that word list.

As a point of order, if we get multiple people working on these, we should post which words we’re using so that we don’t all use the same words.

Should we get lots of people, it would be cool to have a mini-extension that, say, prints a glossary and highlights the appropriate words when they occur, but that may be a speck more ambitious than necessary.

You’re awesome !!! Thanks a lot. Give me your email and I’ll be in touch! : )

Hmmmm, this could be a Mini-comp. It certainly sounds less ridiculous than TWIF, and look how well TWIF turned out. Plus, we’d be helping someone out.

I will be more than happy if you find some other authors that can help me through this!

Hi Peter : ) Thanks .