fizmo 0.7.8 released

fizmo 0.7.8 is now available from spellbreaker.org/~chrender/fizmo … 7.8.tar.gz and brings the following improvements:

• Entire re-implementation of screen refresh and scrolling for the ncursesw/libcellif interface. Many thanks to Lewis gentry for bug-reporting and extensive beta-testing.
  • Fixed missing lowering of input case for versions ≥ 5, thanks to irb.
  • Fixed “encode_text” and tokenizing for cases in which the “unrecognized”-flag is set. This fixes a bug with the “name” spell in Beyond Zork, thanks to irb.
  • Fixed wrapping of long lines without spaces as in ASCII art. Thanks to David Batchelder for pointing out the problem.
  • Adapted to automake v1.14 and fixed compiler warning.
  • Relocated “AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR” invocation, fixing the missing-file warning during configure.
  • Fixed incorrect backspace or delete behaviour which could cause in crash in case of small screen sizes combined with the use of preloaded input.
  • Several small fixes for ncursesw input.
  • Fixed wrong status line display style after restore in version ≤ 3 games.
  • When breaking long lines, multiple spaces are now skipped at the linebreak point to avoid superfluous spaces at the start of the next line. Thanks to Lewis Gentry.
  • Fixed UTF-8 for input from file. Thanks to Mikko Torvinen for reporting the bug.
  • After a restore, the current screensize is now written into the header. This should correct upper windows display problems after loading of savegames.

I’ve added it to the interactive-fiction Gentoo overlay.

Many thanks.

great, it compiles like a charm.

I’ve also tried the 0.8 beta to see the SDL version in action, but it does only compile the ncurse version (and call it 0.7.8 btw).

Hi,

I’ve merged the latest 0.7.8-release and 0.8-branch into a 0.8-beta4 at spellbreaker.org/~chrender/fizmo … -b4.tar.gz. If you run configure using the “–enable-fizmo-sdl” option this should build the “fizmo-sdl” binary.

thank you, it worked. At first I got segfault when running fizmo-sdl, but it was apparently because I was typing the command from within the source folder.

It looks promising.