Zag 1.1.0 Glulx interpreter released

I have released Zag 1.1.0, the Java Glulx interpreter. This release comes with lots of bug fixes, improvements and new features.

• Font anti-aliasing (can be turned off)
  • Separate native launchers for Windows, Linux and Max OSX
  • Support for OGG Vorbis audio
  • Loading of games with drag&drop
  • Unicode support
  • Data files are saved and loaded correctly
  • Lots of small fixes under the hood to improve game speed

Download

3 Likes

Someone has this archive?
Thanks.

Is this it?

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXprogrammingXglulxXinterpretersXzag.html

Zag github repo – it’s up to 1.1.2 as of 2017.

Thank you. I am gamer, not a developer and I’m looking for a good working glulx app for my Android tablet.

Have you an apk file, please?

1 Like

Sorry, Zag isn’t for Android.

1 Like

Oops! I’m sorry. I often wander around internet looking for a glulxe interpreter better than Fabularium.
By the way I am happy you are back here.

1 Like

I’m still observing this thread and of course the Github repo.
If there had been more interest in Zag, I might have gone ahead and ported it to Android. But it is a lot of work for only a handful potential users.
All the code for the interpreter and Glk/Glulx is porperly separated from the GUI. So all that would be necessary, is to write a new GUI for Android.
If anyone wants. to cooperate on that, then I’m still game.

3 Likes

You are super, but here there are some threads about the massive number of android dispositives and the low number of IF users of this platform.

My problem as a betatester is that Fabularium doesn’t make good transcripts and Hunky Punk doesn’t support glulxe games.

I found Zag through an internet search.

It’ll work great for the interpreter to be shipped with Informal, the Java-based IDE Im beginning work on.

Well, I also would like to have an alternative to Fabularium.

This thread isn’t related to Android-supporting interpreters.

Out of curiosity, in what way is Fabularium insufficient? It looks fine to me from the screenshots.

Well, it’s just fine to have alternatives.