Quixe 2.1.4 and GlkOte 2.2.1

Minor version releases.

• Autosave option: the interpreter can save state after every command and restore it when relaunched.
  • Fixed a bug where local variables were corrupted after restoring a saved game. (Did not affect UNDO, only RESTORE.)
  • Fixed a bug where the MORE prompt could get stuck on (particularly when you use browser-view zoom).

(These fixes were already in Lectrote. Now they’re officially released in Quixe. I have not yet bumped Lectrote so that it says “contains Quixe 2.1.4”, but I will soon.)

The autosave option is not turned on by default. I think I’m going to turn it on in the next I7 “release along with an interpreter” template. If you want to do this yourself, it’s easy – add the option “do_vm_autosave: true” to the game_options object in your play.html file.

Sorry to bother you with that, but the pictures in my game are missing, with Quixe.

Instead of my picture (displayed in the main and only window of the game) I have :

In my code, the picture is called with the classic line “display the Figure of blablabla”.

I guess I’m doing something wrong, but I don’t know what :frowning:

Are you using the “Release along with an interpreter” feature? I7 currently does not write out the image data to the release/interpreter directory.

You can run a script to extract the images from the gblorb file and populate the directory…

github.com/erkyrath/glk-dev/blo … orbtool.py

python blorbtool.py GAME.materials/Release/GAME.gblorb giload GAME.materials/Release/interpreter interpreter

Yes I am.

I have only one picture, appearing at the beginning of the game. Are you saying that I can put it directly in a directory ? Which one ? I tried uploading the image directly in the main directory, then in (game)\interpreter, then in (game)\figures, I tried everything…

I just upgraded to Quixe 2.1.4 - the picture still doesn’t appear, and the previous message (“[Picture number 4 here.]”) isn’t displayed anymore, too.

(the stuff’s here : sflauder.free.fr/temp/play.html - the picture should be just before “Bienvenue dans Azthath”).

You have to put it in the /interpreter directory and update the resourcemap.js file. This is a pain; that’s why I wrote a script to do it.

Full details are here: github.com/erkyrath/quixe/wiki/ … cs-Support

I7 feature request: inform7.uservoice.com/forums/57 … s-in-quixe

I’ll try that :slight_smile: thank you very much.