I just released version 1.0 of Hugor, a Hugo multimedia interpreter for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. Download links for the new version can be found on Hugor's IFWiki page:http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Hugor
The changes since version 0.9 are:
- Fullscreen mode is now supported. The maximum width of game output when in fullscreen is configurable (useful for widescreen displays.) Switching to fullscreen and back can be done through the "View" menu, or by a platform-specific keyboard shortcut:
- KDE: F11 or Shift+Ctrl+F
- Gnome: Ctrl+F11
- Mac OS X: Ctrl+Command+F
- Windows: F11 or Alt+Enter or Alt+Return
- External tools that rely on real-time transcript updates (like Trizbort) should now work correctly.
- The mouse cursor is now hidden when typing and brought back when moving the mouse.
- Memory usage when playing music has been reduced. Previously, the whole music file was mapped into memory as it was playing, increasing memory usage over time during playback. Now the music is streamed as needed and memory usage stays constant over time.
- When the "Mute Sound in Background" option was enabled, the sound would sometimes stay muted during very quick window focus changes (this can happen when launching Hugor through external scripts.) This has (hopefully) been fixed.
- Games that make use of MATCH_FOREGROUND for input would get a wrong color during text input. This has been fixed.
- The game window now has a context menu. It simply provides quick access to the various main menu entries.
- The scrollback window can now also be closed by clicking on its banner text.
- Margins and their colors would sometimes display incorrectly after the scrollback window was displayed. This has been fixed.