Is there an 'Intro to tabletop rpg' IF or CYOA out there?

(Question1) On Rpg.net
Is there a comic book intro to classic D&D in any format from back in the 80’s?
(answer: No. There was a coloring book with an integrated 2d6 game but it was not presented as a real intro/demo)

(Question2) On Rpg.net
Is there a ‘pretty to look at’ Flowchart for character creation in D&D? (no specific version indicated but ‘80’s BX’ later mentioned.)
(answer: No. But one did get inspired. Have not heard back from them in a while and no posts.)

(Question3) On IF.org (now)
Has anyone made an “intro to tabletop rpg’s” Interaction Fiction or CYOA game book?

I am nearing the end of my current project where creativity lies. I am on the number crunching of the rules and my creativity searches new pastures.

I thought to reapproach these two old ideas and realized that a CYOA Game Book could be the answer if I began it strictly on a story basis first. Later I would branch it out into some location based adventureing to demonstrate the game but the focus would still be the story.

I imagine a simple story where a teen of today wakes up and suddenly it’s the 80’s. As if somehow the world turned back the clock and only he notices the changes. He would then be introduced to D&D as an uninformed absolute beginner.

You would of course have tons of gamer ‘in’ jokes and refferences. Differences in every day culture and technology would be abundant. Expected elements such as Premade character sheet, Basic made character, Total party kill, The grumpy dm, the absent player, The basement where its played and many other elements would almost have to be required due to expectations.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Although I mention D&D the system could be anything. I myself like the idea of using “Labyrinth Lord” or “Dark Dungeons” in substitution of D&D.

(Question3)
Has anyone made an “intro to tabletop rpg’s” Interaction Fiction or CYOA game book?

If it already Exists then throw some pointers and linkks my way. There’s no need for me to bash my head against the wall when somene else has acomplished this goal. I also suspect that they would have done a much better job than I ever could.

There have definitely been D&D inspired text games, but I’ve not heard of any being presented as an introduction to the game.

To be honest I’ld be happy to play an IF (interactive fiction aka Text Adventure aka Inform game) that focus’s around a tabletop role playing game in the early 80’s. Where social interaction intersects with multiple levels of reality in that oh so confusing “Inception” kind of way.

I’d like to give p0ppac0rg1 a Golden Top Award for using “Inception” in a correct way.

Have you tried Jim Munroe’s “Gilded Youth”? ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=1dytdvtbgxuwfx0h

Tried that Jmac but I couldnt get it to work for some reason.
No post since novemember.
Dead thread?
1 Tombstone.

An idea recently occured to me on how to create such a dual layer game.
Several ideas combined and together it almost seems possible.

First off the game we play presents a group of friends (or strangers) gathered around a table playing a standard dungeon crawl with your standard D&D tropes. The game switches between the dungeon crawl and back to the players perspective back and forth all the time. When you play as a singular player interacting with the others around the table you affect the player. This in turn affects their characters through the process of modifiers.

The stats of the players are based more on character development. Distraction, emotion, logic, etc. These in turn create a series of modifiers that affect their own rpg characers in the tabletop dungeon romp to represent how much the player is not paying attention to the game. So these emotional player stats can affect multiple stats in the dungeon crawl. Most importantly it can also affect turn order in combat.

The dungeon crawl is pretty straight forward but like much of IF and Choice games its appears to be a dungeon crawl but is really about the story being told. Dice rolls for detection of items, advoiding traps, interacting with npcs are the most important ones in the ‘inner game’. Combat plays second fiddle. but to give it some fun the characters are all first level weaklings making failure a distinct possibility. It also allows the ‘player modifiers’ to affect ‘inner game play’ more.

This system could also (in limited form) work in reverse. If a game character fails or succedes then it can affec the players ? 'emotional ? stats and thus your interaction with others.

The idea seems plausible but only if simplified. If it cant work simplified it cant work at all.

Thats the first idea.

The second idea is something I heard about in a collection of video game reviews and I have not been able to relocate the game’s name at all.

When you create your character in said video game. you choose 5 of 12 tarot like cards. These 5 cards affect the discussion trees available to the character. It as if these cards mix and matched various primary interaction elements, such as body language, speach, appearance, perception and logic. They made no mention how it affects the interaction talking trees just that it did.

IF something like that were used for ‘player interaction’ in the above described game then it would make sense to -some- degree.

The character creation with tarot cards sounds like Ultima IV… I’m not sure it affects conversation trees, though.

I suppose the question is how you influence the other ‘players’.
Is it a dice roll? or is it a point based, tradeing system.
Since there are two layers of game play, however it works, needs to be simple.