SF Bay IF Meetup in Oakland Saturday Jan 10th 1PM

Happy new year! We’ve got some great games to play!

• Choice of Games had a huge rush of games coming out before Christmas, including The Last Monster Master, Psy High, and Choice of Robots. Choice of Robots is our top-rated game of the year on Steam, iOS, and Android, so we could certainly try at least part of that. (It’s 20,000 words per play through, 300,000 words in all, so we probably couldn’t finish it.)

• 80 Days launched a new “North Pole” path which we could try. (I’ll bring my iPad.) TIME magazine declared 80 Days their game of the year!

• Or we could try visiting Seltani, Andrew Plotkin’s Myst-based shared-world IF game. Ryan Veeder recently coded up a world in it called Bluedorn and has been giving tours, but we may or may not just storm in and touch linking books at random to see where it takes us.

seltani.net/
Bluedorn seltani.net/portlink/548d4c5b6b3d3019221e5688

Or we can try something you bring! (Speaking of which, I’ll bring pizza, so please RSVP. Cheeseboard is closed until next week, so I’ll bring something else.)

To RSVP, see the full listing:
meetup.com/sf-bay-area-inter … 218876991/

When: Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:00 PM

Where: Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment
610 16th st
Oakland, CA 94612

This Meetup repeats on the 1st Saturday of every month, but we skipped a week because the MADE was closed on Jan 2.

Ooh I’m actually in a position to attend this one! I’m visiting my family in the South Bay and we’ll be taking a day trip Berkeley/Oakland-wards on Saturday.

About how long do these usually run? Does the MADE charge admission?

I will try to be available in Bluedorn in case people want to chat.

It usually runs until 3pm or so, but people leave early and sometimes run late. The MADE is free, donations encouraged.

Okay, cool. Re: RSVPs, do I really have to make a meetup.com account, or is just replying here okay?

Excuse me sir, but do you have a few minutes to hear about Mailinator? You can use it to create one-use email addresses for signing up to things you may not care about. (Spamgourmet does something similar.)

Which is to say, yes, I suppose you can RSVP here, but do let me know if you’ll want pizza so we know how much to get. :slight_smile:

Ha; it just seems sort of weird to RSVP essentially anonymously (because, yeah, I’d not bother filling out a profile) over there versus as an established entity here.

I’ll figure out my plans tonight.

Looks like I’m in for the meetup! I’ll be bringing a +1 as well. (I’ll tweet at you too in case you miss this – sorry for the late notice.)