Hello from Team17! LF Social Media Text Adventure

Hello everyone!

I’m Michael, I’m Team17’s Community Manager. We’re the folks behind those Worms games you played back in the day, and more recently behind prison escape sim The Escapists.

As part of our program which helps independent games developers bring their products to market, I’m looking to create a twitter based text adventure in support of a marketing campaign for one of the titles in our portfolio: Schrodinger’s Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark. Let’s just call it S-Cat for now though, eh?

S-Cat is a science-based, platforming romp through the “Particle Zoo” - where all hell has broken loose. S-Cat is employed to come and clean things up, and our feline superhero ventures through the zoo to round up the quarks, bosons and other subatomic wildlife - with the end goal of finding and eliminating the source of the problem. You can get the basics of the story in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=TuMJrB0Mw6c

The game’s script was nominated for the Writer’s Guild “Best Writing in a Videogame” award.

I’m looking for a person, or group, to work with on a Twitter-based text adventure for the game in support of our upcoming marketing campaign. If you’d like to pitch, drop me an email on community@team17.com with an outline of the services you would provide, lead times and costs before 12PM GMT on 23rd February.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Michael Shillingford
Community Manager - Team17

Just want to say that I’m really glad you decided to check our community for interested authors. I definitely was a big fan of Worms; I used to upload silly levels and voice packs to the FTP servers back in the day (and spent a decent amount of time in the IRC channel, too). I hope your call-out gets responses from many talented people!

Worms Armageddon is still the best. Design your own colour maps and use roper skills.