Meetups around Manchester?

Hi everybody,

Anyone knows of any good IF meetups in or close to Manchester?

I will be moving there soon, so I won’t be able to attend Emily’s meetups in London anymore, and already missing them :frowning:

Not that I know of, but there are other sort-of adjacent groups. One group in the Manchester area playtests each other’s games.

Not an ongoing meetup, but if you can make it to Feral Vector (feral-vector.com/) in June, I’ll be there, and there may be some others from the IF community as well. IIRC, the location is <1 hour ride from Manchester Victoria.

@Joey: Thanks! It looks good, I have already registered, looking forward to meeting them soon :slight_smile:

@Emily: Wow, hadn’t heard about Feral and it looks amazing! I’m going to try and see if I can make it, have very few leave days left… I’ll try!

I’m still finding my legs in the North, but if the case is (as it seems) that there are no IF meetups there, well, I would consider starting one myself, see if we can get enough critical mass to get something nice going… Ideas, advice and referrals to interested or perhaps-interested people much appreciated! :slight_smile:

I have a blog post in the stack about running the current meetup – probably stuff you’ll mostly recognize, but if it helps, that should turn up in a few days. And, of course, if it would help for me to retweet/publicize stuff on my blog, I’m always happy to do so.

Thanks a lot, Emily! I’ll definitely try to apply a lot of your lessons if/when I try to get that started. Also, revisiting your interview on community building - taking notes this time :slight_smile: