Twisty Little Passages (Library Book)

Had to get the library to borrow it from another library, but I’ll get to read it :slight_smile:

Anyone else read it? Thoughts?

“Twisty Little Passages: An Approach To Interactive Fiction” by Nick Montfort

I have this book. It’s a fast read, but more academic than popular. Well researched, with lots and lots of helpful citations.
It includes a really nice discussion of the connection between riddles and (puzzly, parser) IF.
A couple of years ago my teenage daughter went to her viola lesson and saw the previous student’s waiting mother holding a copy of this book.
My daughter said, “Oh, my dad has that book,” and they had a brief conversation (unusual for my introverted daughter) about how much she likes IF.

It’s definitely a good read.

About 10% through :slight_smile: Enjoying it so far

I bought the hardcover version when it first came out in 2003 and enjoyed it immensely. Might be a bit out-of-date at this point, but still good.

I loved reading this book when it first came out. And I also enjoyed the connection between riddles and the puzzles of IF. I’m not super widely read here, but I think this is one of the only connections I’ve seen made with riddles.

-Nathan

After taking time to read it on and off, I have finally finished this book. :slight_smile: Friendly, for the academic sort that it is :slight_smile: Fun read. :slight_smile:

Anyone have any suggestions for other IF-related books?

howtophil - you might also enjoy the IF Theory Reader available here: amazon.com/IF-Theory-Reader … B00JHCSU0Y