Inform 7 ATTACK Extension

Hey everyone,

I’m having a problem with an extension I just downloaded. It’s supposed to be compatible with 6L02, but for some reason it keeps throwing an error every time it tries to translate my game. The extension, ATTACK by Victor Gijsbers is attached.

The problem is that every time I try to run a simple game (one room, one other actor), it fails to load because there are two rules that are each listed in two different rulebooks of different kinds. What’s bothersome about this error is that the extension is explicitly telling Inform to stop listing these rules in their original rulebook in the standard rules. Try as I might, I can’t get those two lines of code to work.

Here are the errors:

Here is the code in the extension that should be preventing this:

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I really want to get this thing working.

Thanks
Inform ATTACK.zip (19.7 KB)

Where did you get the code from? I think the most up to date isn’t in the ATTACK repository but in github.com/i7/kerkerkruip/tree/ … 20Gijsbers

(Yes, we should fix that.)

Yeah, that might be the problem. I got a link to the code from the Inform 7 site. The link leads me to this page:

github.com/i7/ATTACK