[6L38] Strange error message. What's going wrong?

I’m sorry to bother the forum again. I have a medium sized game (30 rooms, 168 objects) that compiles gracefully in 6L02 (it should be my entry for IFComp) and works fine, except for a few game-logic bugs that affects the gameplay and should be fixed soon.

Now I have installed 6L38 and I have tried to compile a version without graphics (so it’s not affected by the “glulx color value” problem reported in another post). Anyway I’ve got the following strange message and I don’t know what to do.

It seems to refer to this line in a Aaron Reed’s extension (that used to work fine in 6L02):

For saying the location name of a person who is the player (this is the Remembering saying player name rule): say "in your possession" (A).
Any suggestion? (Here follows the error report)

----ERROR MESSAGE----

In Chapter - Keeping Track (for Glulx only), Section - The Activity in the extension Remembering by Aaron Reed:

Problem. An internal error has occurred: tried to find instance inside SP of wrong type. The current sentence is ‘For saying the location name of a person who is the player (this is the Remembering saying player name rule)’ ; the error was detected at line 1299 of “inform7/Chapter 2/Memory.w”. This should never happen, and I am now halting in abject failure.

What has happened here is that one of the checks Inform carries out internally, to see if it is working properly, has failed. There must be a bug in this copy of Inform. It may be worth checking whether you have the current, up-to-date version. If so, please report this problem via inform7.com/bugs.

I ran into this bug in a different thread. It seems to apply to any use of a " that is " description in a rule header.

inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=1411

Great! That’s it! In the original bug, it’s suggested to use an adjective, so the workaround is:

Definition: a person is is-player if it is the player. For saying the location name of an is-player person (this is the Remembering saying player name rule): say "in your possession" (A).
While the original code was:

For saying the location name of a person who is the player (this is the Remembering saying player name rule): say "in your possession" (A).

Now my 30 rooms and 168 objects wannabe IFComp 2014 entry compiles successfully (gameplay not tested yet, but I’m confident that the old 6L02 bugs are gone away).

I had only to raise the MAX_NUM_OF_STATIC_STRINGS from 25000 (it is 20000 originally) to 30000.

Thank you again!