Inform 7: How to let the parser understand hyperlinks.

And finally I came here.

I have a situation I can’t figure out.

I’m building an hyperlink game in which the player has a flexible window with commands, such as “take”, “use” etc. linked as [link]take[as]take[end link].
There are also hyperlinks to objects in the text, such as “[link]man[as]manone[end link]”.
Clicking on the TAKE hyperlink the parser will ask for WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TAKE? and the player click on the man so as the resulting action will be “TAKE THE MAN”.
Unfortunately this does not happen.
Instead what happens is [spoiler]You can see a mantwo and a manone here. [those are hyperlinked with the Rule for printing the name of something…]

take [this, typed or hyperlinked is the same]
What do you want to take?

mantwo
That’s not a verb I recognise.[/spoiler]

I had circumvent this in the most ugly way you could even imagine and I am not proud of this. You have to be scared of how little inform 6 I know, actually.

Include Inline Hyperlinks (for Glulx only) by Daniel Stelzer.
The stanza is a room. "There is a [link]man[as]mantwo[end link] here, another [link]man[as]manone[end link] there.".
the mantwo is a man in the stanza. Understand "man" as mantwo.
the manone is a man in the stanza. Understand "man" as manone.
The loaded input is a text that varies. The loaded input is "".
First after reading a command when the loaded input is not "" :
	if the player's command matches "[thing]":
		change the text of the player's command to "[loaded input] [player's command]";
		now the loaded input is "";
	otherwise if the player's command does not include "[thing]":
		say "You have to be more specific!";
		now the loaded input is "";
		stop the action.

[TAKING]
Performing taking is an action out of world. 
Understand "take" or "carry" or "hold" or "get" as performing taking.
Carry out performing taking:
	say "What do you want to take?";
	now the loaded input is "take". 

I’ve done this way for every standard actions of the game and every game action i added. I also added some more coding in order to let this work with multiple objects actions.
Doing this doubles the action in memory and it is extremely rude, but it works. Needless to say, a better solution, if someone has spare time, is needed.
The problem is ahead. What about the disambiguation? I can’t understand how to modify the which do you mean activity. Or acting in the middle of this.

[spoiler]>take man
Who do you mean, the mantwo or the manone?

mantwo [hyperlinked]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->264 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->265 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->266 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->267 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->268 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to read from ->264 in the buffer array “buffer2”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->269 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]

[** Programming error: tried to write to ->269 in the buffer array “buffer”, which has entries 4 up to 263 **]
That’s not a verb I recognise.

[/spoiler]

I’ve tried everything I know of: from modifyng Glulx Entry Points; to using the parser command so far, and many others.

My question is, is it possible to use a Glulx replacement command WHILE asking which do you mean or other activities?
If not, how can I disable the parser? I’ve already read a thread about it.
Or the third one, the worst, unfair, third one. How can I the parser to randomly chose an option. :frowning:
I’ve been stuck on this for a while now, I sure need some fresh inputs. :slight_smile:

(Dont’ panic, I’am planning to release it with the awesome quixe, so as I can make the hyperlinks appears as normal black text! I’m thinking about that lazy people like me, I want them to play the game without using the keyboard, while leaving the ability to use the standard line input to others.:smiley: I am trying to avoid the Looks-only-for-links gameplay we always get scared of while talking about hyperlinks.)