<no text> error message

In my recent WiP, I’ve hit this very puzzling error message:

Problem. You wrote <no text>: but this looks like a contradiction, because the same property seems to be being set in each of these sentences, but with a different outcome.

Normally when I get error messages, there’s a link to click on to take me to the offending text but this time there’s nothing. Just this strange error message.

Any ideas how to fix this or what I might have done wrong?

EDIT: I’m using Inform 7 6L02.

Comment out bits of text you’ve added recently. (Sorry.)

That’s the problemI haven’t really added much lately. I’ve been trying to fix the error messages I was having before, which relate to the issue maga raised a while ago:

https://intfiction.org/t/problem-you-wrote-no-text/6864/1

By adding “description is” before objects and rooms, I managed to get Inform past the error message it was originally giving, which was dozens of things like

You wrote '"Spilt beer mainly, though given th [...] to find some blood in there, too."'  : but this looks like a contradiction, because the same property seems to be being set in each of these sentences, but with a different outcome.

but now it’s hitting me with the one in this thread.

The issue first arose in the location “Tavern of the Lost Soul”, which made me wonder if perhaps the title was causing the problem. But even after I’ve changed it to something else, the issue is still present. Frustratingly enough, if I comment out the location and every item and NPC in it, the issue then starts happening elsewhere in my code.

Was the issue in maga’s thread ever resolved? Does anyone know of a quick and easy way around it?

The problem in that thread was with a scenery object that was part of a person. It’s fixed in 6L38.

I did wonder that. Originally I had an item that was part of an NPC (a bartender with a horn - long story, don’t ask) but I then made this part of the scenery in the room and I still get the error message. The thing is, even when I removed the bartender from the game altogether, similar error messages would pop up in other places.

But… 6L38? I see I’m still using 6L02 so it might be that I’m running into an error message that has since been fixed. I’ll have to download the newest version and try again with that. Thanks.

Well, I tried the newest version but it still has the same error message.

Funnily enough, I then went ahead and downloaded version 6G60 and it runs without any issue at all, so it looks like something changed after 6G60 which was messing my code up. So I’m back to the old version for the time being.