Fancy Status Bar Unable To Read Room Name

I searched for answers to this issues and the posts that popped up were way deeper (dealing with tables with multiple rows and what looked like I6 code). Anyway my new issue is this:

I am using the Fancy Status Bar to show on the left [available directions of travel], in the center [region name] and the right [location name]. Here is the main portion of the Fancy Status rule and table.

[code]
Rule for constructing the status line:
fill status bar with Table of Fancy Status;
rule succeeds.

Rule for printing the name of a direction (called the way) while constructing the status line:
choose row with a heading of the way in the Table of Abbreviation;
say “[shortcut entry]”.

Table of Fancy Status
left central right
" Exits[exit list]" “[map region of the location]” “[location]”[/code]

The exits list fine and the region lists without a problem but I’ve done some tweaking to listing the location name in game depending on certain conditions as follows:

Rule for printing the name of marketthree (this is the printing nameb rule): if unvisited: say "[line break]East Shyn Market"; otherwise: if playerhiding is on: do nothing; now marketthree is discovered; otherwise: say "[line break]East Shyn Market[line break]"; if player is in location: now marketthree is discovered.

When running the above code the Fancy Status Rules can no longer read the [location] as asked for in the right column of the table. If I leave the “printed name of …” code alone such as this:

upperkerkovi road is a room. It is northwest of boulevardtwo. The printed name of upperkerkovi road is "Upper Kerkovi Road".

Then the entire status bar prints just fine.

I have tried many ideas to get the status bar to read the location properly in the more complex “printed name of …” code but to no avail. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

You have two rules that apply to printing the name of rooms, and it sounds like the wrong one is being run in this case. (The case where they both apply: the room is marketthree and constructing the status line is going on.)

One way out is to define the rule conditions so that they don’t both apply at the same time. Change the second one to:

Rule for printing the name of marketthree when constructing the status line is not going on (this is the printing nameb rule):

I changed it to this

Rule for printing the name of marketthree when not constructing the status line (this is the printing namea rule):

And this cause it to print “printing namea rule” in the right side of the status bar and also changes the player printout for the location name to the same thing.

>go ne printing namea rule

This may be something strange about Fancy Status Line, although I’m not sure what it could be doing to cause this.

Here is a simplified case:

The Kitchen is a room. "You are in a kitchen."
The Bathroom is east of the Kitchen.

The Yard is south of the Kitchen.

The House is a region. The Kitchen is in the House. The Bathroom is in the House.
Outdoors is a region. The Yard is in Outdoors.

When play begins:
	now the left hand status line is "[location]/[map region of the location]".

Rule for printing the name of the Yard when not constructing the status line (this is the printing nameb rule):
	say "YARD".

(And “… when constructing the status line is not going on” works for that.)

I know it’s not directly helpful, but you’ve got a case of Something Else Is Wrong here.