Backdrop help

So I am trying to create The Sky as a backdrop. As I was recommended to do by a user named Suho, I want to have it that you can look at said sky, and that the description changes during the game. However, this code is not working and I am not sure what to do about it.

[code]The sky is a backdrop. The Sky is everywhere.

After looking at the sky:
if SkyFarm is true:
say “Through the window you can see the full moon hanging in the middle. The rays of light piercing through the window effortlessly and hitting you directly, no matter where you move. Maybe that was what was causing all of this? But how?”;
continue the action;
if SkyTransform is true:
say “The moon is so beautiful above you. You cant stop looking up to watch her hanging there above you. Giving you strength, a purpose in life.”;
continue the action;
Otherwise:
say “The sky. Nothing special about it.”;

[/code]

Any ideas? The error is “You wrote ‘After looking at the sky’ , which seems to introduce a rule taking effect only if the action is ‘looking at the sky’. But that did not make sense as a description of an action. I am unable to place this rule into any rulebook”

Unless you’ve defined an additional look at action, the action you want is the examining action.

The easiest way to see that in game is to use the actions on debug command. That will let you see the actual name of a given action. A list of all actions is also available in the IDE on the right-hand side, under the tabs Index -> Actions.

Damn, that sucks. No matter though. However, when I have this, not only does it display the text, but also “You see nothing special about the sky.” any idea on a fix?

I wouldn’t say it sucks. An action can have multiple names, after all. The way Inform 7 is set up, your code uses a clear and unambigious name for every action. If you could use “look at”, “examine” or “x” interchangeably in the code, the result would be confusing.

Anyway, every examinable game object has a description. That description is printed at the Carry Out stage of examining. If there is no description, that’s when the Examine undescribed things rule kicks in, which is the text you’re seeing.

Personally, I’d just write it in the description instead.

The description is "[if SkyFarm is true]Through the window you can see the full moon hanging in the middle. The rays of light piercing through the window effortlessly and hitting you directly, no matter where you move. Maybe that was what was causing all of this? But how?[otherwise if SkyTransform is true]The moon is so beautiful above you. You cant stop looking up to watch her hanging there above you. Giving you strength, a purpose in life.[otherwise]The sky. Nothing special about it.[end if] ".

I’ll try that, thanks. I am getting a similar error with speech. That is posted under my beta thread (should be top one). Wanna see if you can work out what’s gone wrong there? XD