[I7] Flexible Windows (or Glimmr?) Issue

I am getting the following trying to compile my project. I think it’s Flexible Windows related but I’m also using a handful of Glimmr extension mentioned in this thread [url]https://intfiction.org/t/i7-glulx-text-effects-by-emily-short-other-ix7-issues/11458/1] :

Problem. The sentence 'The scenic-window is a graphics g-window spawned by the main-window'   appears to say two things are the same - I am reading 'scenic-window' and 'graphics g-window spawned by the main-window' as two different things, and therefore it makes no sense to say that one is the other: it would be like saying that 'Adam is Eve'. It would be all right if the second thing were the name of a kind, perhaps with properties: for instance 'Land of Nod is a lighted room' says that something called Land of Nod exists and that it is a 'room', which is a kind I know about, combined with a property called 'lighted' which I also know about.

It also complains about the sentence “The back-colour of the scenic-window is g-Black”.

Using Version 15/170131 of Flexible Windows (for Glulx only) by Jon Ingold

The main window is now called “main window” without the hyphen. Background colours have to specified as “#000000” strings as in Glulx Text Effects.

Thanks Danni.

Graphics window errors cleared up. However, I’m seeing this now when trying the new method you mentioned for assigning colors:

Problem. I am reading the sentence 'The back-colour of the scenic-window is "000000"'   as saying that a thing called 'back-colour of the scenic-window' is a value, but this makes no sense to me - it would be like saying 'the chair is 10'.

The property is called “background color”. If you get further errors like this you can check the property names in the index. :slight_smile: