intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:42 am 

It's been reported, but since 6L38 it doesn't seem like Graham has touched Inform.
http://inform7.com/mantis/view.php?id=1403

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:08 am 

He has, in fact, but it's in the form of some deep internal surgery, rather than looking at bug reports.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:39 am 

Yeah I assumed that would be the case, sorry if it sounded more negative than I intended. Would it help to someone else be able to update the website?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:41 pm 

Is there a backup of the Recipe Book anywhere, perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 am 

Quick note: If I can assist with the website in any way I would be happy to. It does seem to need some TLC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 pm 

Yes, it would be nice if the website:

1) Had 6L38-compatible source for the seven examples (Shin has recently completed this work: http://www.shin-sekai-no-kami.webspace. ... f:examples )

2) Was updated to point to 6L38-compatible extensions; https://github.com/i7/extensions has most of them it appears

3) Ideally had a page for each extension that in turn has links to that extension's version history, since there will still be reason for pre-6L02 extensions, for legacy reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:42 pm 

tunesmith wrote:
Yes, it would be nice if the website:

1) Had 6L38-compatible source for the seven examples (Shin has recently completed this work: http://www.shin-sekai-no-kami.webspace. ... f:examples )

2) Was updated to point to 6L38-compatible extensions; https://github.com/i7/extensions has most of them it appears

3) Ideally had a page for each extension that in turn has links to that extension's version history, since there will still be reason for pre-6L02 extensions, for legacy reasons.

As a fledgling author trying to jump into the I7 6L38 wagon, I heartily second these suggestions. Otherwise, I7 is very difficult to work with as it stands.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:36 pm 

morlock wrote:
As a fledgling author trying to jump into the I7 6L38 wagon, I heartily second these suggestions. Otherwise, I7 is very difficult to work with as it stands.

I would say, also a bit of a newbie, that I7 is a very powerful tool that presents as a very simple thing. It's a bit like "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang*" - it's a simple boring old car for going down the shops with and pootling around. Then you turn this, twiddle that, suddenly the whole thing takes off and flies you to some bizarre country you never heard of.

of course, if you don't twiddle those knobs right or your not yet a very good pilot, the whole thing could get quite messy.

Luckily this board is a handy resource for fledgling aeronauts. But there's no substitute for jumping off and flapping your arms :lol:

*I just watched Joanna Lumley's biography of Ian Fleming, which had his original drawings of CCBB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:52 pm 

The documentation including with the actual IDE is up to date, no? Or have I just not noticed it being broken?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:27 pm 

The Recipe Book is slightly outdated in parts. Or at least in one part, where it talks about using Emily Short's Plurality extension, which AFAICT isn't included with the latest version since the latest version has that kind of functionality built in directly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next