Inform 6 and glulx with i7 ice

Hi. I’m using Inform 7 IDE for Inform 6 Project, but i do not know how use glulx. I puts my multimedia file n NameProject Materals, but how i use it in source code?

Are you looking for sections 22.5 and 22.6 of the manual?

Yes. I know how do it with Inform 7, but i need it for “Inform 6” projects.

Nobody have the answer?

I haven’t reviewed this in a while, but Adam Cadre’s page adamcadre.ac/gull/ is an old Inform 6 guide to multimedia work.

I know how work with multimedia and inform 6…
the problem is how use it with “Inform 7 IDE”. I speak about program download in inform7 site. Mac version let you to create inform 6 project.

The Mac IDE has no support for multimedia in I6 projects. You will have to drop to the command line and work with blorb there.

Really? But in settings you can choose to bind up into a blorb file in release.
Where i can find command line tools for make resource e bind up in command line?

Another question: Why if i open Watch dialog and add new file the IDE freeze?

Yeah, but relevant part of the IDE source code has its guard reading if (makeBlorb && [settings usingNaturalInform]) ... so I wouldn’t expect that checkbox to do much. I think, from what I’ve gathered, that full support for I6 projects was on the drawing board but never completed. Maybe someone else here knows for sure.

Regarding tools, cBlorb is bundled in the IDE at …/Inform.app/Contents/Resources/Compilers/cBlorb; its manual is on the Inform 7 website. Also, the size that Zarf pointed you to has links under ``For more on Blorb’’, which will get you to perlBlorb and blorbtool.py.

As for the third question, what specifically do you mean by ``add new file’’?

I’d see that with cBlorb i must use numeric constant for identify resource. It’s right?
I would use nmemonic string constant for resource.

In a i6 project the IDE permit to add various files. But if i add a new rule it freeze. Clicking watch button thet is show only for i6 project.

I’d see that with cBlorb i must use numeric constant for identify resource. It’s right?
I would use nmemonic string constant for resource.

In a i6 project the IDE permit to add various files. But if i add a new rule it freeze. Clicking watch button thet is show only for i6 project.

Right. cBlorb doesn’t support mnemonics for resources, so the best you can do is manually define I6 constants for use in your source code.

Forgive me, I guess I’m still not understanding if my attempts to recreate the bug are correct. Can you give the exacts steps you are using to add a file? For instance, ``open the I6 project, switch to the X pane, click the plus button, …‘’.

I open a I6 project, click to Watch button, click in + button, create a new file giving it a name, save project, select new file doing double click on it, and IDE freeze.