intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:30 pm 

Trumgottist wrote:
I didn't manage to make anything, but I plan on being there to see what others created!

Aw... there's still time! Embrace the normal speed-IF constraint of 2 hours of work! Do something short and fun in that quirky style of yours that I love! (Or don't... I do understand the whole Real Life thing. We'll see you tomorrow, it sounds like... hooray!)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 pm 

Jacqueline wrote:
Aw... there's still time! Embrace the normal speed-IF constraint of 2 hours of work!

It's not time that's the issue. I actually gave up two weeks ago, if the timestamp on the inform file is to be believed. (See the edit in my previous post for the reason.)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm 

rockersuke wrote:
And an Inform 7 thing is right now beeing slapped out of bugs... well, almost, some of them I don't even have a clue of how to deal with... but that was part of the fun of beeing a first-timer! :lol:

Excellent! Yeah, I"ve had my share of bugs, too. Things that I *swear* worked just fine the other day now don't work and I can't see in the documentation how they possibly could have ever worked. Isn't learning a new coding language fun?!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:01 pm 

Trumgottist wrote:
I didn't manage to make anything*, but I plan on being there to see what others created!

* Not because of my chosen new language, which was Inform 7, but because I found myself unable to come up with any ideas. That's a bit depressing.

Oh, ah. Yeah, that's a bummer. :? See you tomorrow, though...

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:46 pm 

Awesome. With this extra time I may actually be able to make a thing that is somewhat complete from beginning to end with all choices making at least some sort of difference!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:11 am 

And finished. Ish.

There's tons more I would have liked to have added, but I got a lot done today. Now I need to go collapse.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:29 pm 

By popular request, I've added a download link for The Matter of the Monster. See http://eblong.com/zarf/if.html#matter .

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:23 pm 

Where can we get the rest of the games? They're not yet on the Archive at this time.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:57 pm 

At this moment my unpolished, non proofread (and it shows!), bug-infested "Haunted House" entry is temporaly available at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8O735RS . Hey! I love that sequence discovered at clubfloyd where you can leave from a bedroom carrying the bed... yohoo! :lol:

All of the entries were quite interesting and I would like to take a closer look to Emily Short's and Jaqueline's works. Hope they will be also available soon.

--

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am 

Jacqueline tells me that Choicescript is now working on Floyd, which theoretically should mean that my game is now playable on there as well. But I have no idea exactly what sequence of commands will make that happen, and I'm about to become potentially very isolated starting tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next