Ran into errors..

Why won’r this work. I read most of the manual, but i can’t concentrate well, due to medications, can i get a primer?
“Savage Land Novel” by Breanna Walsh

Welcome Message: “Welcome to Savage Lands!, Braedrina is born in a castle as royalty.”
“The birth of a princess named Braedrina. She was brave and smart by ten years of age. Everythung was as it should be; for 10 short years, but soon the whole realm would be woken from it’s complecent slumber…”
Enter is access the room.
Direction is East: South: North: West.
The door is east, [enter] opens door.
East is the direction east.

“The Entrance to the castle is east.”
The Castle is east from here.

:confused:

That doesn’t look at all like Inform syntax. Try this for starters.

When play begins: say "put all your intro text here".

The Castle is a room.

Thanks! So far so good now. ^^

“Savage Land Novel…” by Breanna Walsh
The Castle is a room.
When play begins: say “Welcome to Savage Lands!”.
There is a clock in the castle.
Chiming is an action that applies to the clock and makes a sound/noise.
After The Castle clock makes a chiming sound/noise say: “The birth of a princess named Braedrina. She was brave and smart by ten years of age. Everything was as it should be; for 10 short years, soon the whole realm would be woken from it’s complecent slumber…”
Before The castle clock is chiming, say: “Congrats on geting here so far, I’m proud.”
West of the Castle is Gurka. At the time when player enters room: say “Gurka is a small village, and is currently at war with Luvinia. They are fighting over who should be king of the contentient. It’a not an easy choice. As both applicants are brutal, money hungry, and harsh as rulers.”
After going west: begin traveling to Gurka. After going west: Say “You are traveling to Gurka…” Use brief room descriptions.

Changed it around, ran into some trouble again. >,<

It appears to me that you’re assuming Inform will understand your writing in the way that you (or some other human reader) would understand it. This is not a good assumption. Inform is a computer programming language. It’s not English – it looks like English, but that’s something of an illusion.

Think of it this way: Your job is to instruct the computer how to produce your story. Computers are very, very dumb. They only understand a certain narrow range of instructions. The documentation of Inform will help you learn how to give instructions to the computer.

Oh… Okay. I’ll try to read them more carefully when I’m not tired. Thanks! ^^

One piece of advice I’d have about the documentation is to look very closely at the examples. They’ll help you see what working code looks like, probably better than the documentation itself does.

In your case you might want to start with 3.2, Rooms and the Map; example 5, “Port Royal 1,” will show you how to make a map and give the rooms descriptions (the text that prints when you go to the room), and example 6, “Up and Up,” will show you how to print a special message when you go from one room to another.

Thanks! I’ll review those examples and more as i read the manual. :wink:
I should do okay, i have got this far after all, i just get tired the longer the day goes on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alternately, if you just want to internalize the I7 syntax, you could start reading and working through the examples in the Recipe Book, as that book is more oriented towards creating working examples of various situations, and only incidentally (rather than centrally) teaching various features of the language.