quixe not working with internet explorer?

hi,

are there any known problems with quixe on internet explorer? according to the quixe homepage it has been tested with IE7 & 8… i’m here on 7.0.5730.11 and am finding the following problems:

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/i7-release/play.html
launches ok.

red-bean.com/sussman/if/rover/play.html
“A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slwly. IF it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Stop running the script?”

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quix … ent.ulx.js
“Loading…” and spinning compass forever.

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quix … .gblorb.js
“A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slwly. IF it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Stop running the script?”

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quixe/play.html
launches ok

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quix … est.ulx.js
launches ok

and all of the ifcomp.org glulx “play online” links:
nothing at all. not even a spinning compass. the z-code parchment ones are fine though.

i dont get these problems when using google chrome through, so it seems to be browser-specific. has anybody got quixe working with internet explorer? thanks.

That’s an odd mix of results.

All the play-remote links work the same way. They should either all work or all not work.

Reliques happens to be a very slow game, particularly at the beginning – it takes most of a minute to start running on my (old) G4 Mac. That may be the only problem there.

Rover isn’t nearly as slow, but conceivably has the same problem.

Advent (your third link) isn’t slow, and I don’t know why it would fail.

The ifcomp links (but none of the others) are going through a web server proxy ( zcode.appspot.com/proxy/ ) which does some necessary base64 encoding. That’s clearly not working for you, but I’m not sure why. (The Z-code games use the same proxy.)

Can you look at your browser’s error console?

ok i’m trying now on a different, more powerful PC running IE 8.0.7600.16385. results are much better, but still issues with the ifcomp.org links:

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/i7-release/play.html
launches ok.

red-bean.com/sussman/if/rover/play.html
launches ok

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quix … ent.ulx.js
launches ok

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quix … .gblorb.js
“A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. IF it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Stop running the script?”. (if i stop running script, get spinning compass rose forever. if i reply “No” 13 times in sequence, it does eventually launch ok!)

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quixe/play.html
launches ok

eblong.com/zarf/glulx/quixe/quix … est.ulx.js
launches ok

any ifcomp page “play online” link eg ifcomp.org/comp10/play.php?id=146
“A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slwly. IF it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Stop running the script?” (if i stop running script, spinning compass rose forever, partially obscured at top of screen. if i continue running script, no response, nothing. with no error output to speak of.)

no such problems with the z-code games eg
ifcomp.org/comp10/play.php?id=138
launches ok