Any interest in a Los Angeles area meetup?

I’m happy to Westside if I have adequate time (read: 24+ hours) to plan; downtown is similarly easy for me if it’s more central for more people. Other thoughts?

Lemme throw this at you…

What night works best for people?

Wednesday Sept 14 at 7:30 PM
Thursday Sept 15 at 7:30 PM
Friday Sept 16 at 7:30 PM

What neighborhood works best for people?

West LA/Little Osaka
Downtown Culver City
Westchester

Rank each date and each location 1, 2, 3 in order of preference and I will DO SCIENCE.

Any of those nights sounds good. Little Osaka or Culver City (somewhere in walking distance of an Expo Line station) would be ideal (equal 1). Westchester would be impossible.

Starting to see Wednesday night in downtown Culver City (walkable from Expo line) shaping up… catacalypto, could that work for you?

Keeping my ear to the ground for the next 24 hours for more opinions… Bring 'em on…

Next Wednesday night in CC is a-o-doable by me, after initial mild heart attack that it was supposed to be, y’know, tonight. Let me know if this is going to be more of a meet-and-chat or a let’s-share-work type of deal and I’ll bring or not bring laptop accordingly!

Wednesday at Culver City works for me as well! (though Thursday works as well)

West LA/Little Osaka is a little closer for me, but not by much if google maps isn’t lying. :slight_smile:

I love it when a plan comes together…

OK! 7:30 Wednesday at downtown Culver.

Now for where to meet…

Janga (Caribbean food) has tasty food, modest prices, lots of room, vegetarian & gluten-free options:
yelp.com/biz/janga-by-derri … ulver-city

lemme think of some others… all suggestions welcome…

Janga’s good by me–there’s also Grilliant, right? (I would like to tentatively pre-emptively nix PS 310 if that’s cool with others–I have spent way too much time/money there, both inside and outside of Indiecade.)

Hey, I’d love to join you guys on Wednesday night! I will go with the flow regarding venue; downtown Culver is foreign to me. And I should warn you all, I’ve been living under a rock since the new year…

Janga and Grilliant sound like excellent options. Let’s meet at Janga. Then we can scout both to see who has more room.

awatt–I have also been enrocked. We’ll fit right in.

WEDNESDAY 9/14 7:30 PM @ JANGA
DOWNTOWN CULVER CITY

Sounds like a plan! (I too have been enjoying my hermitage–the city has some good nooks if one wants to become an anchorite.) Let’s unrock and roll, folks.

Nice! -pencils it in-

Though anyone who is familiar with the parking situation over there, could you let me know how it is? Just curious if I should drive or fork over money for a cab/uber/whatever.

Parking on a Wednesday evening should be decent. There are parking decks near Janga and a great big one near Trader Joe’s that has plenty of space. Decks are cash only, IIRC, so you may want to bring a few bucks.

I normally park in the neighborhoods south of Sony and walk up.

Hope this helps… psyched to see y’all soon!

YOU GUYS.

I’m so bummed I didn’t make it on Wednesday and super sorry I didn’t let you all know!

The reason for my absence was grostesque and complicated. Let’s just say it involved feisty plumbing and first-degree burns.

If we do another one later in fall or this winter I’m there with a vengeance. Especially since, if memory serves, catacalypto owes me a drink.

Best,

Flakey McBailerson

Quit all right–more meetups will come, in more neighborhoods. You were missed, but it will only make it more fun to see you next time.

Please heal your burns!

Noproblem McOkay

And speaking of more meetups–I’m going to be at Indiecade next weekend and have posted a Meetup event for Night Games October 15th! I had a blast last year, and I’m fairly certain other people did as well. Do come if you can!

(I am also unsure if I should make a separate thread for this event, in case non-LA IF people are in town and interested.)