IFDB -> Trollololol

Except for some minor grammar issues, I really don’t see how you’re a failure.

Oh, now you’ve completely given yourself away. (Like you hadn’t before.) Thanks for the confirmation. Much less funny than last time, Loki.

Could you possibly be any more cryptic?

.ikoL ,emit tsal naht ynnuf ssel hcuM .noitamrifnoc eht rof sknahT (.erofeb t’ndah uoy ekiL) .yawa flesruoy nevig yletelpmoc ev’uoy won ,hO

There. :smiley:

And now for something completely different.

youtube.com/watch?v=AnXh3XR9zyM

This has been very enlightening, but Grapes And Yoghurt is barking and I must take her for a walk.

He has a dog named “Grapes and Yoghurt” and DIDNT know what LGBT meant? :confused:

:laughing:

And a cat named Peanut Butter and BS, a snake named Pulling Your Leg and Ice Cream, a rat named Complete Tosh, the Third, and a parakeet named Sqawking Through Your Teeth.

This is probably my favourite MTW post.

You’re right and we apologize. What this community of putative artists needs is not esthetic strength but more cuddly fuzziness. More specifically, we need the following things.

Friendship, because it makes everyone feel special. Of course, if you’re being friendly to everyone, it kind of devalues the thing, but never mind.

Unity, because it’s just an illusion that we’re competing artists. In reality we’re all working on the same patchwork.

Caring, because writers are sensitive

Kindness, needed for personal growth

Yuletide all year round, because the joy of giving shouldn’t be limited to just a few days.

Ovaltine, because it’s sweet and doesn’t contain alcohol and this community must be kids friendly because the kids are our future.

Unity, because you can never get too much of it.

He just pulled a Superman! (Looks for the telephone booth.)

Clark Kent, er… LGBT logged off, and Weird Plankton shows up. Hmmm. Without the glasses… I just can’t tell…

I might be rather dense, but I can’t tell whether Plankton’s telling the community to f*** itself, or telling LGBT to f*** himself.

Regardless, I think a line’s been crossed. And, I think the last time an actual constructive opinon/debate has been expressed on topic was when Biep talked about his proposal.

Hate to see another thread derailed like this. Might be best to lock it.

And, we might have a problem. This has been happening too much. What, are we target practice now? Do we get to have literate subversive trolls as a prize for this being such a great place to be?

EDIT - Also, DavidK? I retract my previous statements re the observation you brought up.

clicks the New Posts button
reads posts
Interesting discussion, but it seems to be wrapping up now.
sees that there are six more pages
What.

These new users seems more polite than Andreas was at first, but the descent into ridiculousness is the same. I’ll bet that weird plankton at least is a sockpuppet.

It seems personal, to me. I don’t know the history, but there’s a vendetta, here. It’s probably not “trolls”, but “troll”: Loki!

is the distinction between men and kids

To clarify:
One may prefer to bury their heads on the ground and not listen to “trolls”, but try to argue with these facts:

1. The majority of Quest users are tiny weenie lolz teens making their first crappy smartphone “game” to amuse their wutzup friends

2. IF may have had humble beginnings with gratuitous treasure hunting, but soon enough it got some clever, highly literate people on board on the premise of the future of the writing medium. I’m taking Douglas Adams, Brian Moriarty, Graham Nelson, Nick Montfort, Emily Short, Andrew Plotkin and others who pushed the possibilities of the medium beyond the threshold. These are the people that shaped IF, that theorized and wrote serious books about it. The IF scene back then (and which IFDB used to reflect) was truly the work of giants and well beyond the grasp of illiterate teen gamerz.

But never mind. Fast forward to 2014 and IF is just a fucking little casual gaming diversion about clicking links to read the next scrap of lolztxt while you take a dump. And then you old fart is a troll showing no love nor respect for the genius in zynester IF.

Conceded. :smiley:

To quoth another, don’t feed.

Thank you matt. If you want to help, ignore our recurrent troll(s). I’ve split these ones off, lets let it lie dead now.

Okay, I’m kinda new here but can someone tell me since when Asgard has been interested in Zork?