Site Logo

Strong agreement.

I know im new here but i just couldn’t help posting in this thread and give my two cents. :smiley:

I totally second VictorGijsbers post that was quoted before me. I will also add that i think

Is perfect. It fits all the requirements for a logo, it is also the actual logo of the community (as far as i know, its the only one i’ve seen) and not the logo of a game which is good since the community is about IF not a specific IF game (as far as i know :laughing: ) And it also feels modern, more modern than Zork or Adventure anyway, which also is good since IF, at least to me, is a living and developing game genre and artform that is no less relevant today than it was yesterday (just like games or movies or books).

And of course, pretty much anything is better than the standard phpBB logo!

Just remember that the forum has two themes. That logo looks ok in the default theme…

…but not so in the alternative.

Also, I don’t like the monotype font for reasons other people have brought up.

I think you can make the image background transparent though.

Wouldn’t the logo blue clash with the gradient background blue, then? I suppose that the alt-logo could be cyan and black instead of white and blue in the alternate theme, though.

[url=http://imgur.com/a/FotLZ]To wit:

[/url]

Actually, that might clash too much with the dark theme. So, alternately:

It looks almost, but not quite, like it’s based off of a grid layout.

I think it should be one or the other - either use a grid layout, so all lines are the same (or double) widths, or make it less like it (use a “real” font instead).

The way it is now, with a little less space to the right, makes me seasick. So - just nudge the letters a little to the left?

I just used the logo others posted, which is only a simple upscaling of this site’s favicon.

The favicon does in fact use both single- and double-width lines, which are scaled up accurately 4x in this logo. I think the problem is that the favicon is a square, but the word “IF” isn’t quite square to fill the space. (The asymmetry is present in the original, in other words.)

I could stretch out the arms on the F:

Or the reverse:

But then it starts to look more like lf than IF.

Or, maybe some serifs could help the balance issue:

I think that is effective.

I think you just should replace the phpBB logo by any of the logo presented above, it should look better anyway. (More than one year a decent logo was proposed, and still nothing changed)

Agreed!

Maybe there should be a poll to see which logo to use.

I didn’t know that!

I’d love to be able to change the logo, but I can’t, and nor can any of the other mods AFAIK. We’ll need to wait for Merk to help.

I think you need an ftp access to change the image.

I’m not sure how to change the logo, but could find out. I see more than one image proposed. Was there a consensus on what to use?

I would just use the one based on the favicon and be done with it. Otherwise, you’re inviting a cat-herding task.

If people do end up drawing out a deliberation again, for me: as long as it isn’t something that makes me feel like all this is just about 70s/80s nostalgia, I’m fine.

So this one?

Also, I can provide the server login for SSH and FTP to any of the mods willing to help with or take on misc server duties like this. Any interest in that?

Dude, any logo is better than the default phpbb. Just go for it.

Merk, I’m happy to do that.