Terry Pratchett

I actually have had Good Omens on audio for ages, but haven’t gotten around to it. I just bought Small Gods – I think I’ll start with that one, and then jump around at random. I have a feeling that it doesn’t really matter about following one book to the next with Terry Pratchett – but I could be wrong. :smiley: Do the stories flow in cycles and blocks of books, or is it okay to read them in any order?

lspace.org/books/reading-ord … ide-20.jpg

The BBC recently (last December) broadcast their radio adaptation of that one. They’ve also made adaptations of Nation and a few of the Discworld books. They’re all good, particularly Nation, so if you like radio theatre, you may want to keep an eye on the BBC site - they’ll probably be broadcast again, and when they are, they’re freely available online for 30 days.

So, so much :open_mouth: :smiley:

Yes, very well spotted!

I think the Patrician we see is always Vetinari, even in the Colour of Magic. Because of the dog. What you get is a whole lot of Archchancellors before Ridcully.

The BBC will be re-broadcasting their adaptation of Good Omens, the book Pratchett wrote together with Neil Gaiman (and it was Gaiman’s first novel). After broadcast it’s freely available online for a while (it’s usually 30 days).

Good Omen’s is not my favourite story from either of the authors, but as we’ve seen in this thread others rate it higher. I heard this adaptation when they first did it, and it’s well done.

Awesome, many thanks!

Neil Gaiman’s first (half of a) novel? I didn’t know that!

You might be interested in this video, where Neil Gaiman among other things talks about his friendship with Terry Pratchett and the history of Good Omens. I found it well worth watching.

Edit: And now that I found myself re-watching it, I’ll also add that it’s quite moving.