intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 pm
Posts: 12
Aight, I have copied the list to a no-frills webpage, which you can find here: https://ifengines.twocredits.co/

Going to work on making a better header soon.

For the time being, I'm going to keep the Google Spreadsheet updated, as well, because it's easy to just comment on it with corrections and whatnot.

zzo38 wrote:
There is also TAVERN and OASYS.

I've added TAVERN, but, because of when OASYS was last updated and the lack of a website, I've got to do a bit more research before adding it.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:48 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: Greece
TADS' game file format is listed as "TADS, HTML/JavaScript (TADS 3)" which doesn't make sense. The file formats are simply TADS 2 and TADS 3, both are virtual machine bytecode images. There is no HTML nor JavaScript involved.

_________________
@realnc


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 pm
Posts: 12
RealNC wrote:
TADS' game file format is listed as "TADS, HTML/JavaScript (TADS 3)" which doesn't make sense. The file formats are simply TADS 2 and TADS 3, both are virtual machine bytecode images. There is no HTML nor JavaScript involved.

IIRC, I wrote it that way to distinguish that the following was possible, but I can change it if there's a better way to say it.

http://www.tads.org/t3doc/doc/sysman/web.htm


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:48 pm
Posts: 1033
Location: Greece
mattchu wrote:
RealNC wrote:
TADS' game file format is listed as "TADS, HTML/JavaScript (TADS 3)" which doesn't make sense. The file formats are simply TADS 2 and TADS 3, both are virtual machine bytecode images. There is no HTML nor JavaScript involved.

IIRC, I wrote it that way to distinguish that the following was possible, but I can change it if there's a better way to say it.

http://www.tads.org/t3doc/doc/sysman/web.htm

This will still produce a TADS VM byte code file in the exact same format as non-WebUI TADS. The interpreter runs on a server which only sends the output to you. It's server-side, running remotely. JavaScript would be client-side, running locally.

So the file format is just TADS. Maybe you'd need an "online support" column, which would state "client-side" or "server-side."

_________________
@realnc


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 pm
Posts: 12
RealNC wrote:
This will still produce a TADS VM byte code file in the exact same format as non-WebUI TADS. The interpreter runs on a server which only sends the output to you. It's server-side, running remotely. JavaScript would be client-side, running locally.

So the file format is just TADS. Maybe you'd need an "online support" column, which would state "client-side" or "server-side."

Noted and updated.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 pm
Posts: 105
Location: Under the rainbow
Nice, comprehensive list. It is a quick way to survey the authoring resources.

Thank you


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 pm
Posts: 8
Alan - https://www.alanif.se/
WinPAW - http://www.winpaw.com/

These two are alive and well.

MechaniQue - https://esolangs.org/wiki/MechaniQue

An esoteric programming language specifically for IF. I can't really find a download, but the author is still around. I remember working on a game in this a long time ago..

EDIT: Found this perusing the forums.
ScottKit - https://github.com/MikeTaylor/scottkit


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:32 pm
Posts: 298
ZILF now has an IDE of sorts - Visual Studio Code, with this plugin.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:49 am
Posts: 4
I think Adventuron ( https://eeyo.io/adv781 ) should be on the list. It's a parser based adventure engine + web based IDE (with autocomplete). Adventures can be emitted to single page HTML files. Both the IDE and GAME ENGINE run on any platform with a browser, although the IDE really requires a hardware keyboard in order to be able to edit at full speed (have not yet built a touch/small screen optimized IDE).


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 32
Ficdown
https://ficdown.com

For writing gamebooks with logic--toggles and conditionals and such--that can be output to epub format for reading as an ebook, or to a static HTML page to put on a website. Very much in the same vein as Inklewriter, but with a local, plain-text workflow instead of using an online GUI.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group