TAB - Retro Text Aventure Maker (Quill/PAW replicant)

Posted a short clip of the Adventure Player loading in some example adventure datafiles.
TAB is a retro text adventure maker project for Windows and is my homage to popular 80’s 8-bit adventure utilities. It operates on very similar principles to STAC, Quill, PAW or GAC.

youtube.com/watch?v=xnkmFKloGSA

Update:
This clip shows the tutorial game data entries in the Editor and running in the Player.

youtube.com/watch?v=l-BJInNxPug

Regards,
catventure.

1 Like

I would try it out, if the player and editor were more accessible.

Hi blindHunter,

I would try to help - but not sure I quite understand… Can you be a little more explicit as to what you did not like or had problems with?
Thanks.

Regards,
catventure.

well, it’s a RPM (Read Poster’s Mind) :wink: but I guess that mr. “Blindhunter” refers to a Linux/mac version or that your IF compiler is uploaded in the IF Archive…

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Whoops. I use a screen reader to use a computer and to access the internet.
The particular screen reader I use, NVDA (nonvisual desktop access) does not work with the TAB player or editor.
For example, most of the edit boxes and buttons are unlabeled, so I can’t tell what they do. If you want to test out TAB with NVDA, you can download it from www.nvaccess.org.

TAB has a Linux based runner? HOLAY! ^^ I want! ^^

TAB has been updated to Version 68 on 23 Jan 2019.
tab.thinbasic.com/

TAB is an offline downloadable text adventure creator for PC Windows XP and above.
More details, screenshots, vid and download link here:

Regards,
catventure.

1 Like