ADRIFT 5 goes Beta

Coinciding with the latest release, ADRIFT 5.0 has finally gone Beta. This means it is now freely available to download by everyone. Details can be found on the ADRIFT website or on the v5 blog at http://adrift5.blogspot.com/.

Congrats on the release! :slight_smile:

Congratulations. :ugeek:

Thanks. I think, had I known it was going to take me six years to get to this point, I never would have started! :laughing:

Good thing you didn’t know it, then!

(I can relate.)

It looks really nice - visually, it actually reminds me of SUDS. Well, Andy Elliot’s SUDS - I haven’t really used the new one all that much.

Quick question, though. I noticed that the 5.xx runner can also run 4.xx games. Would you consider it to be adviseable to keep using a 4.xx runner for 4.xx games, the same way that you consider it adviseable to use a 3.xx runner for 3.xx games instead of updating them to 4.xx, or are you aiming for the 5.xx runner to fully support 4.xx games? And maybe 3.xx games as well?

Thanks! A friendly user interface is one of my goals.

Well. I am hoping that it won’t be necessary to use v4 Runner at all. That being said, there are still a few things that don’t quite work yet, but I am working on it. If there is anything specific that you notice that doesn’t run as it should, please let me know and I’ll prioritise it. As for v3, I will add support for that at a later date. After all, we wouldn’t want to miss out on all those AIF games would we… :wink: