GUI-based authoring system?

I currently write my games in Inform 7, which is a lot of fun, but I have an issue of forgetting certain things or not accounting for actions that a player can/needs to take.

Then I tried to write a game in Python, just to see if I could, after having taken a single course in the language. Boy, was that a mess. I ended up looking for some tutorials online, then inadvertently came across a post that discussed what language would be best to attract new authors.

I like how the Inform 7 language is easy to pick up, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make it even easier on a new user. Is there a graphic interface that a new author could use? I’m thinking of something along the lines of “drawing” rooms (so that their size can be adjusted), dragging-and-dropping items into rooms, editing properties of rooms/objects by right-clicking on them… that sort of thing. I guess I’m wondering if something exists that’s a little bit closer to hand-drafting an IF map. I think that’d be a lot of fun to play around with.

Trizbort? trizbort.genstein.net/

Selection_014.png

Also, Quest and Adrift both have simple drag-and-drop systems for authoring games. Neither one is nearly as powerful as Inform, but some polished and complex games have been made with them (such as Jacqueline, Jungle Queen!, Land of the Mountain King, The Castle of Vourtram, PK Girl).

Thanks everyone!! :slight_smile: