intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 4:59 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Michigan
I'm kind of experimenting with Facebook's polling (which only allows two choices on profile pages, oddly) to create a "choose your own adventure" in which the only branch that is written is the one that the most of my Facebook friends vote for. (So it's a "vote the path I write" game... maybe?):

1. https://www.facebook.com/prhoades/posts ... 6962685742

Quote:
[Facebook Poll Your Own Adventure]

"Let's go over there! The light will be perfect," she says, heading out ahead of you towards a little pavilion near the river.

"Slow down, would you? I've got a lot of gear to move," you say, collecting your camera, tripod, reflector, and so forth.

You watch her with sidelong glances while you pack things up. She's striking a few practice poses. The sun, the breeze, the cattails behind her all play well with the sundress she's wearing. It's perfect until a shadow drifts over everything.

You think it's probably from a rain cloud at first, but looking up, you see a giant metal object shaped far too much like a pie tin. A sickly green light shines down on her, she slumps, then starts to float towards the object.


2. https://www.facebook.com/prhoades/posts ... 3441130742

Quote:
You run towards her, your photography equipment falling to the ground and scattering in the grass. You're pretty sure you hear the lens on your camera break, but there's no time to worry about it.

Just as she's floating out of reach, you jump into the green light and grab hold of her ankles, one in each hand.

This, however, does not pull her back down to Earth.

"Emma! Emma, wake up! We're... we're being abducted by aliens!"

You think you see a flutter beneath her eyelids when you call her name, but she doesn't wake up. You are now several feet in the air, hanging from her ankles.

You look down and think that you could probably still land on the ground with a few sprains and bruises, but you'd be okay. However, you might never see Emma again if you do.


3. https://www.facebook.com/prhoades/posts ... 6104210742

Quote:
You shake your head, throwing away any thoughts of letting go and saving your own skin. Emma has been your best friend since you were both too young to even say "friend" and you're not the kind of person to let a friend be abducted and probed by aliens.

Of course, it means that you're also being abducted and you're probably going to get probed too... You grip onto her ankles a little tighter after watching one of her shoes slip off and fall to the ground, so very distant now, below.

"Emma! Emma! Wake up! You're being abducted by aliens!" you shout.

"Mmm... Yeah... Abduct me, baby..." she mumbles, not really waking up.

"This is no time for dirty dreams! Wake up!"

You continue to shout at her, climbing up her legs and holding on tighter. Soon, you slip in through a round portal in the bottom of the spaceship. It closes beneath your feet and you both fall to a metallic grey floor.

Looking around, you see smooth metal walls in all directions. Well, it's more like one continuous smooth grey wall. It makes it hard to concentrate or orient yourself.

You look back at Emma. She's got a stupid half-smile on her face, and some drool running down one cheek. She always could sleep anywhere.

_________________
~~~
My ebooks on Amazon
My ebooks on Smashwords


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group