web browser interpreters

Hi all,

I’m extremely new to IF but a recent MUD player and also a web development student. I know a bit about writing webpages as well as server/clientside languages and was wondering what, if any, exist in the area of web interpreters (ie you don’t have to download or install anything to play the IF). I’ve seen a couple but it says Missing Plugin, I’m suspecting this is the JRE (Java Runtime Environment). I was especially wondering if there exists any native browser interpreter that doesn’t require a third-party plugin - but all ideas and suggestions will be helpful.

Can anyone release their wisdom on me, or point me in the right direction for where to consult?

Thanks much.

Xie

hi Xie, I wrote a summary of the web client environment a while back, here,

kooneiform.wordpress.com/2010/02 … n-the-web/

the first half of which covers IF. New since then is Zedt, chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … plopohgpen, though that’s a front-end for Parchment.

Quixe has also been released since that post. Work is in progress for TADS web support as well, from a few directions (via a Java client, or via an AJAX system.) David C has some interesting stuff on his blog as well.

thank you both. this has been helpful - especially that blog post.