Recommendation for Interpreter?

I have a large batch of games in .z* format, and am looking for an interpreter to actually play them. Can anyone point me to some sort of comparison of features, or some reviews, or even just discuss here why I should choose one interpreter over another?

The target environment is Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I don’t require that the interpreter be a 64-bit program.

(These games were being played on my now-retired Clié, where I was using CliFrotz.)
(Also, is anyone aware of an interpreter that can be installed and used on an unrooted NookColor?)

ifwiki.org/index.php/Category:Interpreter
ifwiki.org/index.php/Interpreter

Also running the same environment, I’ve found that WinFrotz seems to work best. Though I prefer the look and glulx support of filfre, it doesn’t support live automapping.

I prefer gargoyle, because it looks so good typographically.

code.google.com/p/garglk/downlo … e&can=2&q=

I think Gargoyle is definitely the most easy on the eyes that I’ve seen. Makes IF look like a page in a book. If they had a feature like in the Windows ebook reader where if you maximize the software it gives you an appropriately dimensioned page surrounded by a plain black screen, it’d be perfect.

A gui for the settings would be nice, too. I like different colors and fonts for different moods, so juggling lots of themed configuration files is a bit of a pain.

On the other hand, Windows Frotz allows for easy-peasy changes, but doesn’t let me save themes.

Followup: while Gargoyle won’t do this automatically (and sadly, has no “fullscreen mode”), you can set those dimensions however you like …

(screencap from my netbook) www222.pair.com/sjohn/screens/

I have to agree with you there. I LOVE gargoyle’s simple grey look…it’s beautiful lol