Anchorhead: the Illustrated Edition

[size=200]Now available for purchase![/size]

The congregation of the Church of the Celestial Revelation would like to invite you to a very Blessed Event.

[size=200]Anchorhead: the Illustrated Edition[/size]

• Completely rewritten from the ground up using Inform 7.
  • Revised and polished prose.
  • Redesigned map and puzzles.
  • More than 50 gorgeous illustrations by Carlos Cara Álvarez.

Visit the website for purchasing options and a chance to buy feelies!

Additional information:

• The game will cost $9.99 USD.
  • On Steam, the game will initially be available for Windows and Mac only. I was having trouble getting the Linux builds to run properly through the Steam client, but I think I’ve worked that out, so Linux will probably be available a couple of weeks after launch.
  • On itch.io, the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
  • Other platforms are definitely being considered, but I don’t have any news about that yet.
  • Yes, there are feelies. You can order them at http://www.anchorhead-game.com/props.

This is wonderful news! Will it be possible to pre-order or otherwise gift someone the game before January 31st?

Unfortunately no; Steam kind of frowns on pre-orders unless you’re a big, well-known client.

This is great news Mike, congratulations!

What about a mobile release?

Also, I recommend you to put the egg in several nests, to improve reach and income. Consider going to every platform: App Store, Amazon Store, Play Store, Steam, Humble, Itchio and Green Man Gaming.

I know, that is not a small feat, but probably you can go directly through Humble and Itchio.

Regards!!! GREAT NEWS OMGGGG!!!

Aww, only on steam? Let’s just say Steam and my screen reader don’t get along very well.

See note above about “Watch this space over the next couple of weeks for more news”.

Ah, didn’t notice that during my first read.

The game will also be available on itch.io for those who cannot or do not wish to use Steam; I’m just finishing up some details before posting it.

:stuck_out_tongue:
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Wow. I’m hyped.

Edited the main post to add a link to the game’s main website, http://www.edromia.com/anchorhead, plus the following purchasing information;

• The game will cost $9.99 USD.
  • On Steam, the game will initially be available for Windows and Mac only. I was having trouble getting the Linux builds to run properly through the Steam client, but I think I’ve worked that out, so Linux will probably be available a couple of weeks after launch.
  • On itch.io, the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
  • Other platforms are definitely being considered, but I don’t have any news about that yet.
  • Yes, there are feelies. You can order them at http://www.edromia.com/anchorhead/props.

Hey Mike,

The props are served worldwide? free shipping sounds just to great for non America.

Also, consider add to the props the old engraving that has been serving as the traditional cover for Anchorhead. Maybe printed like a postal? That would be nice.

Regards.

My apologies, I do have to walk that back a bit. Shipping is free inside the United States. International rates will be about $10-$15 USD, depend on the destination country.

Just a reminder: Anchorhead: the Illustrated Edition will be released on Steam and itch.io in just two days!

Anchorhead: the Illustrated Edition is now available for purchase!

Argh, well, nothing launches without a hiccup. There was a weird problem with the Steam release, but it’s fixed now. If anyone has been trying to get the game on Steam, it is now available for real.

Woo!

Hi!
I’ve just bought the feelies from the automatic paypal link in Anchorhead’s website. As I’m not in the U.S. I guess I owe you the shipping costs. How can I pay that?

Thanks!

Congratulations!

Hi! As soon as I get your order confirmation I’ll send you an additional payment request for the shipping costs.