American Angst, Twine-created, text-based survival horror

My text-based multiple-choice survival horror game American Angst (created with Twine) is now available for free for MacOS and Windows:

m3g1dd0.itch.io/americanangst

This vanilla edition comes without two mini-games and a short story epilogue available with the Steam Edition, but is otherwise identical to the paid edition and fully playable with the whole story.

Description:

You wake up in pitch black darkness. You know not where you are. You know not who you are. And they’re trying to kill you…

Imagine a horror novel where you get to make the choices and decide how the story plays out: Welcome to American Angst, a text-based multiple-choice survival horror interactive fiction, combining RPG elements and turn-based combat with dark humor and satire.

A choice-based game slash novel, you try to escape from an underground prison complex – all the while suffering from amnesia, fighting off guards seeking your death, and slowly unravelling the mystery that brought you to this place, as you traverse the thin line between survival and revenge…

Trailer on Youtube

Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

Quick Update: For all of you who own an android Smartphone, American Angst is now also available for free on Google Play, and, if I’m honest, is the best experience of the game. Somehow I feel the story is conveyed best on a smartphone. Here’s the link go the game, really looking forward to hearing from you:

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ricanangst

Find out more about the game on my itch.io page: m3g1dd0.itch.io/americanangst