DORK | Beta Testing | Explicit (Language/sexual comedy)

shurikenk.at/interactive-fiction-games/

Howdy! I just recently finished my first Inform 7 game, Entitled Dork–A Terrible Game for Terribly Lonely/Existentially Challenged Humans.

If you’re dtf, I’d really appreciate if you’d give it a try and tell me how you like it!

I understand that many of the jokes may be references to things not everyone will understand, and some of the coarseness may not be to everybody’s preference, but I hope you enjoy my quirky writing style and the game as a whole!

Thanks, y’all. Enjoy!

Currently, the latest release is 1.2.

Hey, sorry for not being helpful, but is there any particular reason that this is a zipped-up html file?

I took a quick look. I enjoyed the full-on smartass tone of the writing. (As well as the humorous blog posts on the site.)

I didn’t get very far, but I can point out a few things:

[spoiler]There is a small flag-shaped keyhole on the door.

x keyhole
You can’t see any such thing.

Similarly, the game prompts me to kill myself with the gun, but KILL MYSELF gives the default “Violence isn’t the answer to this one.” The right action is SHOOT MYSELF WITH GUN, but wherever possible you want the player to be able to examine things that are described and use the same terminology the parser does.

If the parser tells the player “You ought to try chewing the gum!” then CHEW GUM should work instead of requiring a verb guess of EAT GUM.

Otherwise, not bad so far.[/spoiler]

Hi - I also enjoyed the snark. It will need some deeper implementation, but it’s off to a good start.

I didn’t get too far – it may need more hinting if there’s more to the game. Please see the attached transcript.