The House of Mystery Version 1.1.3 (Details in Description)

Hi, recently I have finished a game on Inform 7 back in June this year. At first, this game was not intended to be a full flesh-out interactive game. It was merely a project I was working on for a New Media class in college, but the more I worked on it the more I became involved and interest in it, and now it’s a fully complete game. Link to the game is download below:

http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=8hhjm6cul2qtxim
(The game is not available at this time yet because it is still pending on the Inform Archives website just so you know. The ZIP file will be down below if you wish to try it out now.)
The game was originally at Version 1.0, but is now at Version 1.1.3

I have gotten some feedback saying what I should change to make better and that’s what I did. It took me 3 or more months to actually get off my lazy bum to work more on it and I was so burned out from all of it that I decided to take a break from it. Eventually, I was able to get back to work with a more fresh, clear mind and finish the game again with more polish and shine.

After finishing the new update on the game I ended up learning something from all of it. For starters, game development is not easy. It can be stressful, tiring, and sometimes painful on the eyes, brain and fingers. Second, making a game by yourself is even harder. You don’t have anyone to do the other work you don’t have time to do and have to manage everything yourself. That’s when I knew I needed some help, which is where you come in. So far I have had two beta-testers over the last couple of months trying out the release of the game and giving me their honest opinions on what to improve on. One person, who I won’t name for privacy reasons, has mentioned putting this game on this forum website and find some more beta-testers; and I thought, “Yeah, I probably should do that. Why didn’t I do this before?” And now he I am… on this forum… with millions of others on the internet. [size=50](I’m such an introvert.)[/size]

This is my first game ever made by my own and so far I’m pretty proud of what I’ve made, but I do know I still can improve on it some more I just need some other people to find the errors I need to fix. If you ever find anything that I should improve on just email me or write a review. You can also rate it on IFDB.com, or not. It doesn’t matter.

Fair warning: I have an extreme sense of humor. Why am I telling you this? Because some internet people hate jokes and stuff for some reason.

That’s all I have to say. Thank you and enjoy my game.

PS: I passed the class with an A. I’m not sure why I felt obliged to tell you this but I did.
PPS: I couldn’t put the file on here because file exceeded 2 MB, so you’ll still have to wait. Sorry. :blush:
PPPS: Here’s a link instead:

Congrats on finishing a game! Completion is 90% of the difficulty in writing anything!

Thanks for the support. I have a quick question though. When I’ve uploaded my game to the IF Archive as a ZIP file, it won’t show the “Play Online” button. I wondered how to do this and it may be because I need to upload just the “.gblorb” file only for it to be playable online. I’m not sure if I’m correct with this hypothesis. Can you or anyone confirm that with me? I don’t want to upload it now and realize that was not the case.

I believe if you have a .gblorb in the top level of the zip, it will get a “play online” button.

Also, the IFArchive submissions aren’t uploaded immediately after submission - someone does have to catalog them, so it may take a few days for it to show up. I’d check the IFArchive recently added links to make sure it’s up first before worrying something is wrong.