Haunetd House goes beta!

Calling for beta-testers for Haunted House!

At the worst possible timing, just in the middle of the annual IFCOMP, my Indigo speed-if post-comp release of Haunted House enters public beta-testing phase.

This should have happened long ago, but I fell under a severe writer’s block when I was just a few paragraphs away from consider it finished. I think there is still a lot to improve, but I guess it’s time to stop the neverending polishing loop and give it a go!

All kinds of feedback are wellcome, but proofreading of my not-precisely-state-of-the-art English is the most desperately needed.

Volunteers for beta-testing will receive a link with the game website. They can play it on-line or download the z8 file and play with an ordinary interpreter and send me transcripts.

A proofreading of the accompanying booklet will also be quite appreciated!

During beta-testing the source code will also be available at the game’s site, just in case any tester feels like taking a peek into it. It is reasonably short, so it can also help proofreading.

Volunteers can contact me at rockersuke in that evil ugly thing known as hotmail or sending me a private meesage at the IF Forum.

As the whole thing is about hanging around an abandoned house It would be nice to make the final release somewhere around the upcoming Halloween, but that’s not mandatory (and we’ll have a bunch of Halloween games out there with the Ectocomp anyway )

Thanks everybody in advance!