Playtesters wanted for The Spy Who Ate Lunch

I’m looking for a small number of playtesters for The Spy Who Ate Lunch. Written in Inform 7 and compiled to Glulx, TSWAL is a parody of 1960’s-style spy stories/films (although set in the modern era). You are a secret agent for a fictitious (or is it?) American agency. Your mission, should you decide to accept it (by playing the game), is to foil a terrorist plot so sinister it just might make you lose your lunch.

TSWAL is shorter than old-style commercial games (e.g., Infocom’s offerings), but (I think) somewhat longer than comp-length. (I’m kind of guessing here; if you know exactly how to proceed you can certainly type in the necessary commands in far less than two hours, but I think most players would require more than that to figure it out).

The Spy Who Ate Lunch is basically complete, and has already undergone some playtesting, but it couldn’t hurt to have a couple more sets of eyes look at it. Any comments would be gratefully accepted, but for the most part I’m looking to identify any bugs and/or inappropriate or inadequate responses.

One warning, in light of recent discussions on this board: if TSWAL were a movie, it would probably be rated PG (in the American MPAA system) for language. It may not be for very young children, and if you’re offended by words which are banned on TV it might not be for you.

If you’re interested, please let me know and I can e-mail you the gblorb file. Thanks.

Robert Rothman