intfiction.org

The Interactive Fiction Community Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Endless, Nameless
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:13 pm 

Starbuck08:

Spoiler: show
Have you played the bidding game at the table? If so, have you looked at the table?

Be sure to edit your earlier posts and correct the spoiler tags!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:47 pm 

Quote:
Myself, I've beaten the game and found about half of the endings, but I couldn't solve one "overarching" puzzle without relying on a bug:

The inventory management puzzle, especially the sword thief. When visiting the sorceress for the second time, you need to GET MARLIN and BUY UNCOOKED MACKEREL and do some OVIDIO magic -- sure. But I need to move around with the wooden marlin, and I can't carry it and the sword simultaneously, and the sword gets stolen if I move away from it. I figured out that putting the sword in some container prevents it from getting stolen, in a glitchy way, but obviously this isn't the intended solution. What am I supposed to do? (Feel free to spoil the exact answer.)

You can actually get a belt for your sword. Guess where you can buy one of those! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:59 pm 

Starbuck08 wrote:
I need serious help:

How do I get out of the interlife and still be able to have all my inventory stuff and resume adventure game where I left off?

This isn't possible until late in the game. I think only after you got past the labyrinth!

There is another way out of the interlife from that point on: a shed north of the kitchen. But you could use the save and restore commands until then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 am 

Can I say how much I love this thread. It's been going on for so long and it helped me greatly in my quest. It seems that I got stuck at pretty much the same puzzles as everyone else on here so I finally made it to the end with it's help.

I was still hoping for the fisherman to come back to his shop so I could buy a rod since I apparently wasn't able to steal his. I would have waited forever haha.

I'll subscribe to this thread so hopefully I'll get notified if someone else needs another hint in the future. : )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8