Anchorhead 2018 Help Needed

I’ve got as far as the evening of Day 2 but can’t work out how to make the story progress. I think I need to open the safe, but I can’t think of the right way. I must have missed a bit of paper or a clue. I’ve worked out the star signs to open the mural, and got out all the books Edward read, and read the scrapbook and soggy pages. What now? Anyone else made it further yet?

EDIT: SoLVED the safe - now I can get to the next day, but I can’t travel safely on Day 3 - HELP! Can’t get:

from the south town past the cultists – the grate in the sewers is solidly in place and I can’t find a second oar for the dinghy.

You won’t be able to figure out any of the later problems you mention until you get the safe sorted.

Light clue: You’re on the right track thinking that there’s a document you’ve missed, but you may have not been able to access it or interpret the information.

Slightly more direct clue: The document isn’t that far from the safe.

Description of what you need to do:You need to unlock Michael’s laptop, read the document, and interpret the clues provided to get the combination.

Solution:The passcode for the laptop is your wedding anniversary. You can find that by looking at the inside of your wedding ring.
Within the document, the number of hands and eyes tells you the combination – hands are fives, eyes are ones.

I’ve actually been helping somebody on the Steam forums who’s stuck in the same spot, so if you click over here and check out the fourth post, that has some nudges in the right direction!

I feel really dumb here. Day 2 as well. I have had no issues unlocking the laptop or finding the safe. But I feel as if I had tried every possible interpretation of the code without ever being able to open it. Or are my commands wrong ?
The clues I have are eight hands, six hands, four eyes, nine hands, two eyes
So I have tried set dial to 40, set dial to 30, set dial to 4, set dial to 45, set dial to 2. Then 8, 5, 6, 5, 4, 1, 9, 5, 2, 1 What am I doing wrong ? Thanks for your help !

You’re completely right with the idea but your maths is off - recalculate your second number.

So your combination would be:

8 x 5 = 40, 6 x 5 = 35, 4, 9 x 5 = 45, 2

OK, i knew the edges of reality were kinda blurred around Innsmouth, but I was not aware it affected the maths. We are taught differently at school.

Yeah, uh, what?

6x5 = 30, not 35. Does the game really expect 35 here?!

OK MY BAD MATHS. How embarrassing!

But the combination should work as you originally suggested.