Google easter egg is a browser-based text adventure

rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 … ture-game/

I’ve created an IFDB entry for it. I’ve tagged it “easter egg,” as well as Dunnet, the secret text adventure built in to Emacs. (Are there other hidden text adventure games like this that y’all know about?)

Nice, but the instructions don’t seem to be working for me. I google “text adventure” and then press Control+Shift+J, but, uh, nothing happens.

It worked for me in Chrome but not Firefox, so maybe it’s specific to Chrome?

The instructions to open the developer console are different on every browser, and also differ depending on which OS you’re using. support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/a … er-console

On Firefox for Windows, I think it’s Ctrl-Shift-K.

" (Are there other hidden text adventure games like this that y’all know about?) "

Some late-era Origin game shipped with batch files allowing the play of an adventure using the MS-DOS prompt and filesystem as its text parser.

Ah, here we go: archive.org/details/wcadvent

And of course Zarf shipped an Icebreaker text adventure bundled with the genuine product. But to the best of my knowledge none of these are easter eggs triggerable from within the parent application, just present on the install media.

The recent case of Call of Duty Black Ops.

Myst Online had a few IF-style commands hidden in the chat system; you could type “/look” or “/get” in a few areas.

I do not think emacs Dunnet counts as an easter egg as it isno more hidden than any of the other built in games or most other features. It is listed with all other games if you look up that topic in the help (C-h p).