Free 2D Game Art for Your Projects

Hi everyone,

I’ve begun creating 2D game art that you are welcome to freely use in your projects. Some is pixel art, some is derived from 3D objects that I created, and others are backgrounds that might be useful in visual novels and interactive fiction. You’ll find them on my new “ART” pages on my website:

soundimage.org/

The art pages are located at the bottom of the menu list on the right side of the screen.

At this point I’m experimenting with different styles and methods so hopefully I will be able to offer a good variety of things. Please feel free to modify / edit as needed. If you happen to find any of these images helpful and decide to use them, please attribute me in the “game art” section of your credits area.
Enjoy!

I ventured into new territory this week and experimented with creating animated game art. Made a couple of lanterns that might work in RPGs or other things. One is an old style hand-held one…the other might work for a street or attached to a tavern or inn. Both shimmer with an amber glow. You’ll find them here:

soundimage.org/art-glass-objects/

I also created a treasure chest (with a couple of variations) that might come in handy. They are here:

soundimage.org/art-gems-and-coins/

Feel free to edit as needed.

Enjoy!

I opened a new page this week that has templates for maps. They might be handy for treasure maps, game world maps, etc. Just add graphics and text.

You’ll find them here:

soundimage.org/art-map-templates/

Enjoy!

I’ve created some new outdoor backgrounds that might be nice in visual novels.

You’ll find them here:

soundimage.org/art-backgrounds-nature/

As always, feel free to edit as needed.

Have a good weekend!

Happy Saturday!

I’ve created some new island backgrounds that might be nice in visual novels, games, or other things.

They are here:

Please feel free to edit as needed.

Have a good weekend!

1 Like

Happy Sunday everyone!

I’ve started experimenting with creating pixel art-style objects. You’ll find them here:

ART – Glass Objects

ART – Space

As always, feel free to edit as needed.

Cool new textures are on their way tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’ve created some new nighttime urban backgrounds that might look atmospheric in visual novels, interactive comics or other kinds of games. You’ll find them here:

ART- Backgrounds – Urban

Feel free to edit / modify as needed.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Greetings everyone,

Brand new backgrounds are ready for your projects here:

ART- Backgrounds – Nature

ART – Backgrounds – Ruins

As always, feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Have a great weekend!

I like the ruins that look like a face.

Glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another busy weekend, but I managed to get some more fantasy textures done. You’ll find them here:

TXR – BRICK

TXR – ROCK/STONE 2

I’ll have a bunch of cool new music tracks coming out on Wednesday so be sure to check my music thread.

Enjoy!

Greetings everyone,

Continuing my mad experiments with various game art styles, I’ve got some pixel art planets and space rocks here:

ART- SPACE

They live toward the bottom of the page, so make sure to scroll down.

As always, feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Enjoy!

Hey guys,

More experiments with various game art styles. I’ve got some pixel art-style map templates here:

ART- MAP TEMPLATES

You’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

It was suggested to me that they might also be useful as backgrounds. Feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Btw, if anyone happens to have kids (or know someone who does) I’ve created a learning series that teaches them environmental stewardship in a fun way through stories and characters. It was my first try at making films with a DSLR…(they can be very challenging to work with in the field)…but I think the films came out pretty well. The organization I made them for was very happy with them and uses the films all the time…hopefully others can benefit from them as well. Please feel free to share with teachers, family, friends or anyone you know who might find them useful.

Enjoy!

This week’s new seamless textures are all fantasy textures:

TXR - METAL - Seamless
Some grungy textures…perhaps for urban-based structures or sci-fi things?

TXR – ROCK / STONE – Fantasy
These don’t exist in reality but are combinations of other images that I’ve created.

Have a good week and keep being creative!

Hi Folks,

I have some cool new seamless textures ready for your projects. They are on the following pages:

TXR- ALIEN SKINS
Might work for creature skin or perhaps vegetation.

TXR – GROUND
Some new gritty sand textures. Might come in handy for sandy bottoms of things. (Scroll down to the seamless images area.)

TXR – ROCK / STONE – Fantasy
Some more fantasy stone textures.

Enjoy!

Hi guys,

I’m in the middle of a big project, but I managed to get some new free textures done for everyone. They are on the following pages:

TXR – BRICK - Seamless

Some new fantasy cobblestone images. Maybe useful for paths and roads in fantasy-based games?

TXR - ABSTRACT

Some new abstract textures. Maybe for sci-fi projects?

Enjoy!

More mad experimenting this week.

I’ve been trying to create some new looks for pixel art-style images, specifically tiles that can be used in 2D games and things.

On my ART – Brick page, you’ll find:

A bunch of cool new brick tiles, 64 by 64 pixels each. Some have a 3D look to them.

https://soundimage.org/art-brick/

On my ART – Ground page, you’ll find:

A variety of new ground tiles that could work for rocky surfaces, grass, sand, etc.

https://soundimage.org/art-ground/

MUSIC UPDATE:

Super high-quality Ogg files are now available for every track on my Fantasy 1 page as well as my Sci-Fi/Space page. And for about half of the tracks on my Looping Music page.

Eventually, they will be available for every track on my site.

Meanwhile, if anyone has requests for Ogg versions of tracks you happen to like, just let me know and I’ll be happy to upload them for you.

Enjoy and keep being creative!

Hi guys,

I’ve been super busy this week creating custom music for a bunch of indie projects, but I did manage some more mad experiments with pixel art-style wood tiles…128X128. You can download them freely here:

https://soundimage.org/art-wood/

OGG MUSIC UPDATE:

All of the music tracks on my Horror/Surreal page can now be downloaded as very high-quality Ogg files. Halloween’s not too far off, so I’ll try to create more creepy music tracks this month.

Meanwhile, if anyone has requests for Ogg versions of tracks that haven’t been made available yet, just let me know and I’ll be happy to upload them for you.

Enjoy!

Hey everyone,

I just opened a new page of stone pixel art-style tiles. You’ll find them here:

ART – Stone

I’ve also created a bunch of new ground tiles. They live here:

ART – Ground

As always, if you have any requests, feel free to pm or email me.

I hope some of my work is helpful!

I was busy shooting a film over the weekend, but I managed to do some mad experiments creating pixel art-style tiles. These were derived from glass surfaces, but might be used for other things as well. Free to use with attribution. Enjoy!